Map Display

Laura

I just tried to connect to see if everything works the way it should, and more or less is does.

But, as soon as my flight was displayed on the map, the map was zoomed in to the maximum - why's that :huh:

wazMN4L.jpg

Should actually look like this :rolleyes:

ZHZglVT.jpg

And, i then closed Kacars & FS but the flight is still displayed as "taxiing to rwy" - more than 4 hours later - i guess this is just a matter of (in)correct settings, is it ?

• Like 1

Hi Laura, this is the default settings for the ACARS map to show when there is only 1 flight going on, since it was focusing only on that specific flight. However if you have 2 flights going on, the ACARS map won't zoom in to the max like the first image and will be like the second image :)

And about the 'Taxiing to Runway' issue, this is because KAcars stop sending information to the map after you closed it, so the information flow was stopped. If you want to remove your flight from the map manually you can always go to Admin Center > Site & Settings > Maintenance Options > Reset ACARS. Selecting this option will remove all inactive flights from the map, flights that are still going on will appear again on the map about a minute later.

Or if you want the map to automatically remove finished flights after a specific time, go to local.config.php in the Core folder and change the settings

# ACARS options
# Minutes, flights to show on the ACARS
# Default is 720 minutes (12 hours)
Config::Set('ACARS_LIVE_TIME', 720); <-----Change this
Config::Set('ACARS_DEBUG', false);

Hope this helps :D

Hi Laura, this is the default settings for the ACARS map to show when there is only 1 flight going on, since it was focusing only on that specific flight. However if you have 2 flights going on, the ACARS map won't zoom in to the max like the first image and will be like the second image :)

That's good to know :D

But, is there a way to prevent to map from zooming in when there's only one flight tracked ?

Or if you want the map to automatically remove finished flights after a specific time, go to local.config.php in the Core folder and change the settings

So by default, finished flights would still be displayed on the map 12 hrs after they arrived ?

I guess something like 15 min. would make more sense, wouldn't it :rolleyes:

But thanks alot :D

I've changed the Minutes, flights to show on the ACARS to 15 Minutes - worked just fine, thanks alot :D

For the zooming thing you can set autozoom to false in your acarsmap.tpl (maybe there even is an Option to turn off autozoom in the local.config.php)

I'll try that - Thank you :D