PIREP Required Fields

KCPilot

Nabeel,

Sorry, I'm one of those old school pilots (round dials, lol) still learning this php/website stuff! The folks I’m working with in my VA really like your creation, but we are a Military VA, so we’re trying to modify some of the stuff to work for our operations. I do understand that we need to specify how to track the flight. For the most part we do use flight numbers/codes (aka Mission Numbers), but not all the time. Basically we will not use the flight and scheduling function maybe 60-75% of the time as the other flights will be tasked via email. So I guess we need a way to make the system take the 25-40% we do not have on the schedule.

Also, I’ve added a flight to the schedule to try it out and get “The flight code and number you entered is not a valid route.” I’m not sure what the cause of that is. The route was enabled, unless I missed something.

So back to your post, where would I put the flightnum=hidden in the code. I’ve tried it in the local config and didn’t want to mess with the other areas. Also what would the code be?

Also, if I changed "hub" to "base" or "MAJCOM" would that screw things up (aka be a real bad thing?)

Thanks for the help again!

Also, I read in the past forum posts you guys might do a Mil version. If you do, I'd be happy to help with some inputs as to what we use.

Regards,

KC

Okay, I watched the PIREP video that helped with the route. That will take a little training slide show. But now since we fly round-robins (a local) I get "The departure airport is the same as the arrival airport"

Now yes this is not a common airline flight, but what if the airline was conducting training, RTB or a functional flight test? How would I fix that?

• Administrators

This topic might help you:

http://forum.phpvms.net/index.php?topic=1270.0

So set one schedule as that "catch all".

As for the "Same airports", that restriction has been removed for the next version. It's currently in the beta, so if you're brave enough you can update to the beta (unless you can wait several weeks for the next version). If you do a search, there might be a thread on how to remove that restriction manually (it's just deleting a few lines of code).

The hidden field, you'd have to add in that template for that form. Something like:

<input type="hidden" name="flightnum" value="flight number from schedule" />

This, along with the little "cheat" from the thread above should put you on the right track. You can change the language in the templates, that's not a problem, as long as you don't change the names of the input form fields. Just remember to copy the templates into your skin's directory so they don't get overwritten.

Military version - I've removed alot of the restrictions I had previously, so things should be a little loser now to operate as you need to.