Charters and next version

mw308

Hi everyone

I hate to be another one asking "when is it", but is there a time frame for the next release version, as I'd like to get Xacars and admin rights included in the site, but don't really want to go down the beta route as it's soon to be a live site?

Also, whats the status on charters?  As we're a small airline we've only a limited number of destinations, so having charter support would be a definite bonus for us.

Many thanks

Will

• Administrators

Charters are supported financially. Check out the FAQ forum for a thread on doing "random" schedules to arbitrary destinations. 

I'm aiming to get it out the door in another two weeks but it really depends on my work schedule as well. I'm down to about 5 major open bugs (down from about 15). I'm hoping to plow through those by the weekend. I'm trying to release with vaCentral, so I'm trying to get the client piece as stable as possible before any other release. I'm having problems with that on and off.

Yes that sounds like a plan - not only for testing out the latest additions for our site, but to help you out with bug testing.  If I point it to the same database instance, could beta database updates cause issues with the live database, or are the sql updates stable enough to be loaded?  There's no problem if there's a chance of problems as I can just make up another instance.

Thanks

• Administrators

I only add fields or tables, or will change the type or size. I have a script which runs the update.sql against the old install.sql, so I'll know of any errors (usually).

As of yet, I haven't removed anything. If I have to remove something, I stop using it in one version, and then remove it in the one after that, so there's some "step" time there.