XAcars Question

TAV1702

I am having issues with XAcars. Well I am not but a pilot helping me test site is. First, I notice it has a server password in the setup. Do we need to put pilot info from our website in here  like pilot ID and email used to register on site? I am not real sure how to use this thing.

I went to the website and viewed their documentation and all it shows is how to setup to use their test server. Lots of good that does me for my website  ;D

Other then that, I guess it is pretty cut and dry on how to use. Also, when this guy used XAcars it auto filed a pirep like it should have, but it did not add any pilot pay, nor did it have a place to add any pilot pay to the pirpe or any of that stuff.

here is a copy of the AIRmail he sent me about it.

Original Message - Having a problem with XACARS when it comes to auto filing a pirep. It does not take in pilot pay, fuel price, or ticket price. I have to fill those out when I accept the priep as and admin. Also, it does not have an option to adjust pilot pay. It pays the pilot 0 dollars. Just giving you a head up. Please let me know if you want me to stop! LOL

Since I have never used it I do not know what to tell him. Can anyone give me a heads up on this one?

Thanks

Ray

• Administrators

Which version of phpVMS are you using? It should be doing that data, but the bug sounds like an older copy of the beta. I do remember that issue previously, but it was fixed (if you go back through the build log). I am going to make the pilot pay adjustable as well.

For the config file, use the one which is downloaded from the pilot center. That will have the correct information in there.

One more small issue I have noticed. When using XAcars, on the live map, it shows all info available EXCEPT how many miles left and the ETA

And can one send a pirep to the VA site automatically with XAcars like with ACARS? I have 1 pilot testing for me and he says he has to file manually every time. Maybe he is missing something. I have yet to test it personally.

I think in my first post I may have been wrong by saying that it filed just fine as should. He has since told me that he is filing them manually.

• Moderators

hello tav

when using xacars u can send a pirep automatically.

xacars doesn't use those so acctually they don't work it only gives  a weird number like say something 335:45:32 / 2,485.51 mi when its a flight og 2 hours

hope this helps you

gr joeri

Yeah it is nothing major, just something I noticed. That guy was flying into KC from Denver and I was coming in from JFK to MCI. That's when I realized this. Just another cosmetic issue.  ;)

I'd just assume him use ACARS verses Xacars but he only flys FSX. I will go ahead and give it a go to so as he reports back to me on it I can confirm it before I come here asking stupid stuff over and over again about XAcars  ;D