Help in completing installation

GentleGroove

Hi everyone

first and foremost hello as this is my first post here. I have recently discovered phpvms and am looking forward to start using it properly. I have been trying it to install it but haven't been able to complete it yet because I'm having some trouble understanding the installation steps. Here's what I've done so far:

- uploaded the phpvms.full.zip to my home directory

- extracted it using cPanel with the folder structure as it is in the file

- wrote the permissions as explained in the installation step

Now I'm a bit confused on how to proceed with the installation. Can someone guide me over the next few steps on how to complete the installation from here?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Antonio

Hi Joeri

thank you very much for your help. However, once I type that I get a "404 - page not found" error. Could it be that I placed the folders in the wrong place? I had the following options in File Manager:

Home Directory

Web Root (public_html/www)

Public FTP Root (public_ftp)

Document Root for:

and I placed the phpvms folder in "Home" is this correct?

Thanks

• Administrators

Hey, welcome!

You'll have to extract it to public_html/www. After that, create a database, and note the name/username and password.

Then, goto the install/install.php file (actually, when you just load up the site, it will forward you to there). Hopefully that helps!

Ok I managed to start the installer :)

Now I get the following message when checking database connection:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'myusername'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/mydatabase/public_html/core/classes/MySQL.class.php on line 121

Access denied for user 'myusername'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I had already created a database and a user with all privileges, what could be wrong here?

Ok I managed to start the installer :)

Now I get the following message when checking database connection:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'myusername'@'localhost' (using p!@#$word: YES) in /home/mydatabase/public_html/core/cl!@#$es/MySQL.cl!@#$.php on line 121

Access denied for user 'myusername'@'localhost' (using p!@#$word: YES)

I had already created a database and a user with all privileges, what could be wrong here?

Never mind that, I was putting the data in the wrong format. All ok now :)