Aircraft Reg

CPC900

I am in the EARLY stages of trying to convert my site over to phpvms.  It is based on a defunct 'real' airline......CP Air.  I have schedules for both real and fictional.  Kind of a Realistic one from the past and  a fictional modern one that never existed.  The schedule does NOT let me have the same ident for different aircraft.  I know that makes total sense, but the modern fleet has some idents the same as the old fleet and I have no plans to repaint aircraft :)  Is there any way to make that work somehow?  For now I just have to list the ident for the second aircarft as C-FBCP(2) or something to that effect.  Which is fine with me if I have to do it that way, was just wondering if there was a different way around it.  Thanks.

Bruce

• Administrators

Hey,

Sorry, takes some time to reply sometimes.

You mean you want to use the same regs for different aircraft? You can't do that, but maybe you can append a -M for modern and -C for classic or something.

The aircraft are independent of the airlines within phpVMS

Sorry Nabeel....I should have put a ;) in there somewhere. :)

Anyways, I will figure out what works best for me inn regard to idents.....everything is very new to me in phpvms.

What I am trying to accomplish, is this....

I have 3 airlines I have sites for right now.  They are based around the existence of CP Air.  CP Air is one, with Eastern Provincial Airways and Wardair being the other ones.  It is sort of airlines that were 'associated' with CP Air is what I am creating VA's for, under one umbrella.

The 3 sites are:

http://www.canadianclassicairlines.com/

http://www.canadianclassicairlines.com/EPA

http://www.canadianclassicairlines.com/WDA

Now, what I would like to be able to do, is have people join the one they want, or all 3 if they choose.  The one potential problem, is that....CP Air VA has a 'classic' fleet and schedule and a 'modern' one; so they almost seem to need to become 2 separate VA's to make it work(not sure).  But obviously, I would like to have stats represent only one CP Air, one Eastern Provincial and one Wardair.

Now under  the registration, they can select which VA to join which is fine.  But when I tried to join one of the other ones, using the same user, it says email can't be used again.  So is there a way around that?

I will have many questions going forward, and my multiple VA's under one roof type scenario will not make this an easy one, I think.  Thanks for all your help and this program of yours has some amazing potential.......I just wish I had kept my setup it to one VA. :)

Bruce

• Administrators

They join one airline, but they can fly any of the flights for any airlines which are listed. That just serves as their "home" airline. An admin can change that home airline. It's really just for their pilot ID. I think setting up separate installs is necessary, you can just use the multiple airlines facility.

You can do schedules specific to each airline within one install as well.

For registrations, you'll have to add something (like a -C for classic, or something) to denote which registration the airline belongs to. The reason you can't do multiple is because of ACARS applications, I can't differentiate, but adding that identifier will help.

• Administrators

Right now, stats are per-route, and then per aircraft.

Finances are done as a whole company. It would be a little too complicated to split out by airline (it would require a re-working of the templates), and expenses are also done as a whole. The different airlines were mainly for schedules

But I can add in per-airline stats and basic financials (without expenses), that shouldn't be a big deal, as part of a summary page.

http://bugs.phpvms.net/ticket/85