General Modding Info and Help!

bunoire14

Hey guys,

I've just dropped phpVMS onto my webserver after having a few issues with vabase!  :- It seems this software is much more robust and has a much nicer cleaner feel to it... so I'm impressed LOL

I need some advice/assistance on modding the system to cater more for a new VA project im working on.

I want to be able to achieve the following things:

1. Switch the emphesis from Civillian to Military Flying, things like Hubs becoming Stations/Bases for instance. This seems easy enough on a basic level but im not sure how far into the system i need to go to ensure all references are changed.

2. I want to disable all finances options as they really have no bearing on what Im trying to do.

3. Ranks to be manually set rather than awarded on hours accumilated, and awards manually issued.

Ideally ill be trying to integrate this system with my private flight server and hopefully achieving automatic hour logging, either through an ACARS setup or through some PHP scripts server side.

Any help with this would be great, there may be more i need to modify but having only had a breif look over the suystem these are the things that jump out.

I guess i ought to finally ask.. are mods like these authorised under the licence? LOL obviously all the required tags and references to phpVMS will remain unchanged and, if it what im trying to do work there may be scope to release the code back to the community for military enthusiasts.

Cheers,

• Administrators

Hey,

Welcome! Yep, they are licensed. No problem there.

1. You can change the front-end templates to refer to them as stations instead of bases. The admin area, I guess you'd have to live with them saying "Hubs" on the backend. But the front end, you can easily change the text.

2. You can just ignore it then, and don't add any prices, etc. While there's no way to "disable" it per-say, none of the information for that is required. A few VA's do just ignore it

3. Ranks, you can set the hours required to zero, I can't remember if you can manually assign (LOL), but that could be a change I can make for the next release (maybe, I have to see if I can fit it in)