Importing Schedule

CPC900

I imported a schedule to my phpvms and it indicated "....updated 231, for a total of 231".  I checked the database manually, not through phpvms, and it showed only 64 flights?!??

Now some of these flights are differnet legs with the same flight number.  But the template does not show legs.  Is this the problem?

Bruce

Ok, but to replicate an actual "historical" schedule, the flight numbers can be the same.  Without the ability to have legs, this is not possible to import through the admin menu of phpvms.

Now I can alter the database manually by adding the flight and entering the legs there.  It will take a little more time, is all.  Just wondering why this was taken out of the import schedule function?!  It would seem to be useful to have it there?!

Bruce

• Administrators

Append the leg to the flight number:

VMS1122A

VMS1122B

VMS1122-1

VMS1122-2

The legs column in the DB isn't used at all. It used to be there in the very first versions, but once ACARS apps came into play, the leg is useless since you can't specify that in an ACARS app, only the flightnum, and parsing it out is a pain. So I just say to append it to the flight number, and it's all treated as one number. So the column is there, but not used for anything. In this next version that column will be dropped