Fatal Error

AlexS

Hey Guys,

I just recently got this problem that I know a lot of people have had before. Their is only one thing that stops me from fixing it....I can't save my files. Let's say I edit the files, the save button doesn't do anything. It's basically like it is disabled. Therefore I cannot fix the code and I have no clue what to do. Help would be much appreciated! :)

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign auto-global variable _FILES in /home/airtran/airtranvirtual.net/public_html/core/common/PilotDataClass.php on line 436

• Moderators

This is clearly an issue with the newer versions of PHP. $_FILES variable can not be used in the function parameters.

In PilotData.class.php line 436, there is a $_FILES function in there, it needs to be removed because that function name in the parameter is a reserved name.

Example: Change from...

public static function saveAvatar($code, $pilotid, $_FILES)

To...

public static function saveAvatar($code, $pilotid)

And that should make the error go away. ;)

This seemed to work:

This is clearly an issue with the newer versions of PHP. $_FILES variable can not be used in the function parameters.

In PilotData.class.php line 436, there is a $_FILES function in there, it needs to be removed because that function name in the parameter is a reserved name.

Example: Change from...

public static function saveAvatar($code, $pilotid, $_FILES)

To...

public static function saveAvatar($code, $pilotid)

And that should make the error go away. ;)

However, that fixed most of the stuff. Now, website looks like this:

23jq3qs.jpg

Seems that I should see if those also have that $_FILES lines or anything with a $?

I'll see what I can do.

You're running phpVMS with a newer version of PHP which is currently not compatible with phpVMS by default.

Yes, the owner and I have noticed that. I have no idea how, though the owner said he does, but he still hasn't done it.

There is a fix, just search on the forums.

Can you possibly link us to another forum post?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...