Help with Install

vconnect

Last night I was trying to install the full version of phpvms. My FTP program said file uploaded successfully, so I go to the install page and I get this message.

Fatal error: Class 'DB' not found in /home/my username/public_html/core/common/SettingsData.class.php on line 28

Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?

I too tried dowloading / uploading then installing the latest version from the downloads section of the website and am getting the same error.

Tried several time to fix it but can't seem to find a solution.

Got a beta from github but its buggy and I dont have the brains to fix all the errors its spitting out ....

Can some please check the default installation and see if it needs updating to work properly ?

Thanks in advance.

I have already posted about this very error.

My host informs me that he has dropped PHP4 and thinks this is where the issue is.

He has updated to PHP5 and updated MySQL also as a result of my site being hacked.

Looks like this error is purely down to what version of PHP is running on the server.

Here is the way to fix this issue. It just worked for me. Please follow my instructions very closely.

1.) Remove the local.config.php file from the core folder.

2.) copy and paste the app.config.php to your desktop.

3.) open the app.config.php with "wordpad" and remove all the text in this file and save it. (make sure the size is 0 kb's once you remove the text.

4.) rename that app.config.php file you copied to your desktop to local.config.php.

5.) now move that new local.config.php that is 0 kb's to your core folder.

run the setup and it should now work!

If you have any questions or need help please let me know!

God Bless and Happy flying!

• Administrators

The BEST and EASIEST way of fixing this error is to simply delete the local.config.php file that is in the /core folder when you download it. There is no need for all the copying and transfering of files. The system is simply seeing that there is a local.config.php file already present so it assumes that the install has already been completed as that file is created during the install. Of course when it hits the file and it has no information for it to run on it throws errors.

The BEST and EASIEST way of fixing this error is to simply delete the local.config.php file that is in the /core folder when you download it. There is no need for all the copying and transfering of files. The system is simply seeing that there is a local.config.php file already present so it assumes that the install has already been completed as that file is created during the install. Of course when it hits the file and it has no information for it to run on it throws errors.

This fix did not work for me, I had to delete the file and copy/paste as I listed in my post above. That was the only way to get it to work. It works fine now and my site is doing well.

• Administrators

This fix did not work for me, I had to delete the file and copy/paste as I listed in my post above. That was the only way to get it to work. It works fine now and my site is doing well.

You should not need any local.config.php file when you start a new install, the installer creates it for you, but as long as it works for you thats all that counts.