Line 28

CollinShea

• Administrators

Having to take a wild guess of what line 28 you might be refering to but I am going to guess that it is during install and looks like this and you are using the download from here -> http://www.phpvms.net/downloads.

Fatal error: Class 'DB' not found in /home/account/public_html/core/common/SettingsData.class.php on line 28

If this is the case and it is on the initial try to use/install the site then delete the /core/local.config.php file and try to start again. The file is not correct in the download and is not needed anyway, it gets created with all the correct information during the install.

Having to take a wild guess of what line 28 you might be refering to but I am going to guess that it is during install and looks like this and you are using the download from here -> http://www.phpvms.net/downloads.

Fatal error: Class 'DB' not found in /home/account/public_html/core/common/SettingsData.class.php on line 28

If this is the case and it is on the initial try to use/install the site then delete the /core/local.config.php file and try to start again. The file is not correct in the download and is not needed anyway, it gets created with all the correct information during the install.

I have added a video that hopefully shows how to get past this error. -> http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gzW9X_1xC4s

There is actually no need for a video if you ask me. Thank you though im sure it will be helpful to others but deleting the local.config.php file did the trick and that is what is causing this problem. I dont know why considering i used an old version of phpvms and the new version considering only 1 file was updated but deleting that file is what will fix all this!

• Administrators

There is actually no need for a video if you ask me. Thank you though im sure it will be helpful to others but deleting the local.config.php file did the trick and that is what is causing this problem. I dont know why considering i used an old version of phpvms and the new version considering only 1 file was updated but deleting that file is what will fix all this!

Sorry you feel that way, it just seems that after a dozen or so threads of the same issue and many claiming that the fix does not work there needed to be a "proof of life" message to show that it does indeed fix the issue. I am leaving it in place as hopefully it will help someone else.

• Like 2