Just a Random Thought About Pax/Load

TAV1702

Hello again all! Hope everyone is having a great night/flight.

I have been using FSFK since phpVMS was letting us use it. I cant help but notice that you MUST put in passengers load or cargo load.... or so I think.

I did one flight and did not enter passengers OR cargo. When I submitted the flight, it said the flight was a loss due to all fuel cost and no income at all. Hmmmmmm

So then I loaded up a flight and then entered the max allowable passengers for that flight and tah dah! it worked.

Now on to the issue at hand. When filing a pirep manually, phpVMS will auto fill cargo or passengers depending on the flight type. that is not so with FSFK. I just did a flight and put in 139 pax and when the pirep came through, it paid for 139 pax. Realistically, no flight is going to be sold out every single time as Nabeel has pointed out before thus the need for phpVMS to figure it between 65-70%

Is it not kind of cheating the system if one puts in max load of pax or cargo every single flight? We all can tell our pilots until we are blue in the face, NOT to do it and it is going to happen anyhow.

I'm curious if there is a way to have it so that phpVMS overrides user settings for pax and cargo numbers in fsfk, ACARS, and Xacars and inserts the amount randomly like it does for manual pireps.

Thoughts? Concerns? Complaints? Donations?  ;) ;D

Just my 2 cents worth for today. And so far I am really loving FSFK now that I got it figured out.

• Administrators

I was wondering that myself, I can add an option to force pax/load, that's not too much of an issue. But I guess in the case of FSPax where it adds it automatically. That actually seems like a bug that if it's empty, it fills nothing out... I've added that to the bug tracker for now.

But the other part - an admin can edit it before it's accepted, and it doesn't count in the finances until it has been submitted