Ranking/Opinions

piper338

Hi everyone,

I wanted to throw out the idea we are trying to implement over at my VA as far as the ranking system goes.  I wanted to see what is the best/easiest way of going about this.

Here we go..

All pilots will be hired on as a NEW HIRE and progress up through the ranks based only on the hours flow with our VA.  "That's the easy part"

Upon completion of our application the pilot will be given an Entry Exam, based on this score pilots will be placed on different aircraft.

ex. Score>70 A/C= B1900

Score 71-85 A/C= E145

Score 86-100 A/C= 737 & DC9

(So a person with a score off 100% with 0hrs with our VA will be ranked as a 737 New Hire)

Of course a person assigned a higher ranking aircraft will be able to fly the lower airplanes as well.  And to Progress, we will have Type rating Exams for other airplanes.

So I hope I explained that well enough. Here is my question what would be the easiest way to do this lol.  They Rank is easy I can just set PHPVMS to not count Xfer hours towards the ranks. The aircraft is the hard part.  I am thinking about just renaming the Awards to something Like Category or something and store this info there.  Here it would be up to the person approving pireps to notice what CAT a person is in to approve or deny pireps.

Is this the easiest way to do it? Is there a better way? I would love to hear anyone's suggestions.

Thanks!

Chad C.

• Administrators

Yes you'd have to have some sort of work-flow with your staff for that. Doing that programatically and automated is difficult, it would be alot of code and alot of logic to work through, for something that a person can look at and decide in about 30 seconds.