Legal age

Conor

Forums generally say 13.. There's some thing out there, don't remember what it's called.. but it normally comes with forums etc where they have to say they're over 13 or get an adult to fill in a form saying they'll allow their child to visit the site.

But you can say whatever you want, there's no legal age limit to using the internet or a flight sim, and unless you're posting things of an adult nature there's no reason they cant join.

Most professional airlines will say 16 to ensure maturity and responsibility around the Airline.

It seems I am well within my limit I'm not selling a product it's not a commercial site and they have permission from there parent or gaurdian

I should pit it on the registration page though that all applicants under the age of 13 are requested to have there parents send me an email or I a signed letter through the post

• Moderators

I've put a little notice at the bottom of the registration form do you think it's ok ?

http://euroskies.vacau.com/index.php/registration

acctually it depends on the country you are living in.here in belgium is the minimum age 14 i believe,so i have a minimum of 16 to be correct with alomste every country.

gr joeri

• Moderators

Also keep in mind that there is a VATSIM regulation hat every member needs to be over the age of 13. Because of that, I tend to keep the minimum age to be the same as VATSIM (Which I encourage all my pilots to fly)

you don't let them fly on the virtual-skies server?

i just find it very prejudiced so m not having a legal age requirement but anyone under the age of 13 must have consent

Heck, I COMPLETELY agree! I have had kids fly with me whom were more experienced than 40 year olds. The only reason that I enforce the rule is because of the heavy-involvement that we have with VATSIM and Virtual-Skies.

i just find it very prejudiced so m not having a legal age requirement but anyone under the age of 13 must have consent

It isn't a case of prejudice. It is a case of protecting those under the age of 13 (or whatever it is in other jurisdictions) from the nastier stuff on the Internet. BTW, it isn't a requirement for joining a VA, it's a requirement for joining the VA's forum. It seems that legislators in lots of countries have decided to make everyone else responsible for the welfare of children...except their parentsrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Well legally the parents have control and juristiction over what they do so if they give consent to something they can do likewise in the case of a VA if the parents give consent to register and keep certain details (name age and email only) then legally we are allowed to do it

People lie about there age all the time in websites and the second they do that they take the risk they have broken the rules and broken the law ;)

As for claiming to be a parent youd know by the language of the amil if it was a 30-40 year old than a 10 year old ;) and besides claiming to be your parents is illegal it's identity theft

COPPA does not operate in the UK or in Ireland anyway, I beleive (apparently you are from Cork).

However you do need to comply with the Data Protection Act, but that applies to all websites.

In a nutshell, there is no age limit to be part of a flight sim community in the UK or Ireland.

• Moderators

COPPA does not operate in the UK or in Ireland anyway, I beleive (apparently you are from Cork).

However you do need to comply with the Data Protection Act, but that applies to all websites.

In a nutshell, there is no age limit to be part of a flight sim community in the UK or Ireland.

same in belgium but there is a legal age on what you info you can collect about a person.