New Virtual Airline Linklist Community

mseiwald

Hey guys,

i'm currently creating a new community site for virtual airline staff and pilots. Of course it will also be open to any Flightsim enthusiast who likes to join. The main purpose is that virtual airlines find any possible information centered on one site plus give pilots who look for a VA a place where they can easily browse through VAs from all over the world. Secondly it also gives people who offer services for VAs the chance to advertise on one place thus making it easier for VA CEOs to find these services.

I plan to expand that community in the future by listening to the whishes of the community members.

since this forum here is mainly for phpvms Support i have thought it would be nice to also have a place where pilots looking for VAs and Fs Newbies can ask questions prior to joining a VA which in the end could lead to us having less registrations of guys who wont fly. The community is open for any VA or individual interested in flight simming no matter what System or Flightsim they use.

I'm still building this site and add features but i think i'm now at a point where i can invite people to join and submit their airlines to the link database.

So please be invited to sign up at http://www.simval.net , submit your VAs and give me some feedback over there. Keep in mind that its still in what i call the pre-launch phase since i wanted to get some feedback on what should be added and get all features up and running before officially launching the site.

thanks guys

• Like 5

I'm going to provide feedback here if you don't mind.

It's very messy. I have no idea where I'm supposed to be looking there's so much going on, needs focus and better layout to guide the user.

Also you prompt users to accept cookies, and yet you just set them anyway. You should not set any cookies until the user accepts them if you intend to comply with EU law.

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your feedback. I have already spent countless hours looking for a solution for the eu cookie nonsense, however it seems that invision power, like any other major community software, did not implement a funftion to hold cookies back until their use was accepted. So that plugin which displayes the message a message to the visitor notitying him that cookies are used was the closest i could get for IPB. While i have a some good understanding of php and js coding i'm still mainly a rw pilot and do some phpvms websites and modules in my spare time. Thus i'm afraid modifying the core system of a software as complex as IPB goes far beyond my skills. I will keep looking for a solution but i'muntil IPB decides to implement this option we will have to live with the notification.

As for the design of the site i'm not finished with that yet. I will probably keep the default ipb layout but will definately work on making it easier to navigate. i thought its a good idea to create the boxes during this pre launch phase since with some content in the database i get anbetter idea on how the boxes should be placed and what content they should display.

Again thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.