High CPU Usage

Hello everybody,

I've been working a lot on my website lately. Because I'm a noob at CSS and HTML, I have to refresh almost every time I make an edit. Now, I probably refresh about 30 times in 40 minutes, on average. Unfortunately, being on a free plan, I reach about 70% of the max CPU usage allowed on the site. If I don't refresh so many times, my CPU usage is pretty low. However, I would like to know if there's any good way to help reduce CPU usage. I understand that it depends on your website, and since everyone here uses the same platform, I would hope that somebody may have some advice as to how to save CPU usage.

It's not a killer, I'd just love advice because if I reach the max, I get a 24 hour suspension - which is a pretty big deal.

Thanks in advance!

Well, you can avoid that by using a local WAMP Server, which is basically a local hosting that supports php compiling, and all of those nice features all from the comfort of your offline desktop. Here's my personal favorite one,

http://www.easyphp.org/

Once you find that your developed application is all set, you can then upload it to your actual host with virtually no effect on your CPU usage.

But there are actually dozens of these things if you look them up on Google.

• Moderators

What do you mean? Magicflyer told you how to install a web server on your computer in order to be able to do all the changes and updates without having to update your page on your live host... This hasn't to do with the hosting package your are using. Of course, if you do a format on your pc, you will have to reinstall the localhist web server...

Hi, sorry I didn't keep up to date with it & for the late reply.

I assume you tried directly transferring the files from the online server to easyphp. If that's the case be sure you also transferred the database. Also, be sure that your new SITE_URL has been converted to your new local url for testing. In order to access your site, go to the easyphp admin panel and just find your site about halfway down the page. From that, click on it and you should see a replica of your online site, right from your desktop. You can now edit your files without any CPU usage.