My hosting server keeps banning IP's

yorgosGK

Hello all,

A few months ago we launched our virtual airline (www.skygreeceva.com). Lately our host (Host Papa) has been banning our IP's because of too many 'httpd' connections and has offered a solution that puts us on a dedicated server to stop this from happening. Here is their official email

Your IP was blocked 4 times since 30th May. The logs have been rotated since that time. But, these were related to too many httpd connections.

So your software is creating to many connections to the server at one time. You will need to adjust this or upgrade to vps if your not possible.

As the vps has no limits on connections.

My questions is what could possibly be causing this automatic server ip ban to happen? I haven't done any altering to the source code other then some boolean options in local config and app config files. I have only pretty much styled phpVMS. Also I have a custom kACARS from FSProducts.

Also, I see that VA Central was causing some issues from here on the forums but I can't confirm that this would have anything to do with my issue (it seems hard to believe)

Should I maybe get the dedicated server my host is offering or could it be something else that I have forgotten. What should I look at and where should I start?

Thanks

• Moderators

ΚaλησπέÏa ΓιώÏγο,

No one else has reported any problem like this before. I think that it should be a problem with your web hosting provider. Have you tried to use another hosting provider? Personally, i do not have any problem with the ip banning and i am using more than one phpvms website on the same plan.

George

Hey man,

So basically what hosts do is implement this system in which every incoming connection is detected and logged. Since most ACARS attempts a connection each minute, the host server detects it as an incoming DoS and thus the firewall blocks the IP. This isn't too common of an issue and is usually related to the server firewall configurations. As a matter of fact, they probably could fix it on their ends in a couple clicks but are instead avoiding from doing so in order to get some extra $$$ from you by having you go through an unnecessary upgrade. My suggestions is to check out another host, preferably one that specializes in phpvms, such as TFDi Design(<-My favorite option), or another community host.

• 2 weeks later...