strange but funny :-)

markuskoller

first of all, i´m new and my english is better than my chinese, but not so good at all, so i try to explain my problem  ::)

i installed last week the phpvms the first time after i created a database...it worked fine...(i was so proud to abt it, hehe)

after that i deleted the phpvms for testing something (i also deleted all phpvms files via ftp). yesterday i created a database for using fspassengers without any problems.

so today i copied the phpvms again in a new folder on my website and got now after trying out the .../install/install.php this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting '(' in /mnt/web1/20/55/5903255/htdocs/phpvms/install/install.php on line 29

ok, keep cool i thought :-) i went to phpadmin and used in the new database the install.sql-file and than phpadmin created the phpvms-base with 19 scripts in it.

so...hm....u maybe see, what kind of rookie i am....but what should i do ? and of course the fspassengers is using a different database as phpvms....

it worked days before perfectly with php 5 mysql etc.....

in the install.php i looked for typing in maybe the database files and found:

if($_POST['DBASE_NAME'] == '' || $_POST['DBASE_USER'] == '' || $_POST['DBASE_TYPE'] == ''

|| $_POST['DBASE_SERVER'] == '' || $_POST['SITE_URL'] == '')

should i edit this to get connected to my database ? but i dont know what to type into "dbase-type" and "site-url" maybe i´m thinking to complicated....u can bet :-)))

so if someone is able to help me i will give you a nice stewardess, thank you very much for your friendly help...

regards,

markus

• Administrators

Hey,

Well, first, fspassengers is coming in the next update ;) (not sure if you read the front page). So you don't need to create scripts, etc for that. That'll be built in, using the existing scripts/platform.

That code you pasted is just verifying the form field input, from the first page of the install. Just makes sure that everything is entered.

That error usually comes when PHP5 isn't enabled properly. Perhaps you also accidentally deleted the htaccess file? Try re-uploading as well, sometimes files get corrupted when using FTP on upload.

Also, are you using the beta, or the release version? Make sure it's the release. Beta still has some problems.

PHP5 is enabled properly cuz it worked very good some days ago with phpvms and i changed nothing. the one and only thing is that i created an another DB for fspassengers. i know it´s coming with the next update :-) but i can create 5 DB on my server and so i thought it´s not a problem to do this. but how phpvms should know, which database is present ? so i was wondering for this error. the htaccess-file is still there. i tried now many time to reupload the files (i used a web-based version and a normal ftp-programm) without any good result....

the point is, it worked great and now i have this problem....maybe i should delete the DB for the fspassengers......

sorry....

• Administrators

Well, make sure you delete everything, for phpVMS, delete anything in the database. Then run the phpVMS installer, it will put in the tables.

Make sure it's uploaded correctly.

Then run the install/install.php. You'll enter the database information there. Then it'll install everything on its own.

• 8 months later...

i downloaded phpvms and got up to the install where it askes for the database items.... and i tried local host as well as several othertihngs and nothing works. i get this message: 

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in D:Hosting3365519htmlphpvmscoreclassesMySQL.class.php on line 121

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

AM i doing somntihng wrong.. im new at all this so its confusing me on what to do,. i created a new DB with teh same info.... t he tried the SQLSERVER with the same info and got the same error... any ideas?