Pilot Pay Bug From YEARS Ago Has Resurfaced For Me

TAV1702

So, the old pilot pay bug has resurfaced. If I adjust pilots pay (say they have 1000 and I give them 5000, their profile reads it as they have 6000$. Nice. However, Exam Center gives the money back on recalculate of finance in admin panel.

Has anyone ever found a fix for that yet?

And another one, If I have adjusted said pilots pay to the said 6000$ and they take a $5000 exam, that should leave them $1000 right? Wrong. It says they don't have enough money for the exam. Meaning in reality, the exam center is reading their pilot pay as $1000, not $6000.

I adjust some code from total pay to $userinfo->totalpay + $userinfo->payadjust; to total out the money they have in the exam center code and it is still a no go. It will not recognize the total pilot pay.

I apologize for posting this here. Reason I did is Dave is MIA for now. He will not be replying to posts in his threads I am more than sure. Maybe some of you all have found a way to fix this issue?

in a similar case i had modified the pilotdata.class in order to calculate the expenses

I tried the same fix that we all used several years ago and it was not an option as the code Dave uses in vms 5.5 is much different than it used to be.

@parkho, I can paste the code but it is in several files really. Do we burn that much forum space up or just have you grab the files? lol I'm game either way man. Let me know and I will get on it asap. Thanks for the offer of looking.

• Moderators

Okay! I checked your codes in class file and everything seemed to be in order and calculation is also correct. What I can think of is the TABLE_PREFIX. There might be a slight chance at the time you adjusted pilot pay, it didn't read the prefix and that made the pilots table not to update correctly. I would check on DB to see if it's updated correctly but other than that your module should work fine.

Edited by parkho

The pilot pay updates accordingly everywhere on site except exam module. I ran the site through the tests today after I received your email. This was a known issue for a while with exam module (pilots getting their money back and saying they dont have enough to cover the cost of a test). I was mainly just mesing about with it and trying to figure it out or see if anyone ever came up with a fix for it all these years later.

I really do appreciate you looking in to it for me Parkho. Cheers buddy!

Really, if they get the money back, it is no biggie to me. That part don't matter. It is the not enough money to take a test part that hurts.