Yet Another Strict Error

TAV1702

Now before it comes up, because I know it is going to and I appreciate it, Yeah, I will not suppress any errors. I would rather fix the code than hide a problem.

Now that being said, it is Daves Tour Module.

I know, I know. It is a paid module. No support given here Ray so go to Dave's website and submit a ticket. No point in submitting a ticket. Dave is on hiatus right now and MIA. No support is being offered for paid modules. So no harm in asking here I guess as I know certainly I am not the only one using it and have this issue that we can not get support for. No, I will not send it to anyone to "Test". lol n ice try though. It is payware after all. I have to honor the license.

I got the old strict errors when accepting a pirep when it is a tour leg.

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::get_pilot_tours() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 21

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::get_tour() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 29

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::get_tour() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 33

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::update_pilot_tourdata() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 54

I have tried the public static function trick and all and when I do that, the errors come at me from all directions and my site crashes completely. Anyone fix this yet?

P.S. And this is just to get started. I got major errors going on other places with this module as well. I hate to scrap it. That's $50

Edited by TAV1702

• Moderators

Are these the only errors you get as of now or you have some other errors as well?

Changing the function in your class file to static should not affect any other parts of your website unless they use the same class file. When you say more errors come up when changing to static, which parts mostly you get errors from?

Edited by parkho

Oh that was just a few errors to get started with. Trying to rebuild a pilots tour throws of no less than probably 10 errors.

What I will do since it is a non production website is go in and do what I attempted to do and document it all. that way we are on the same page. I will copy each error to the T and come back and post.

On a side note, server was running php 5.6.25 I believe it was. In an attempt to debug and try new things, I downgraded the php version to 5.4 and still the module disagreed with me.

Edited by TAV1702

Ok here goes.

Server php version 5.4.45

Here is the exact order of events that leads to errors.

Pilot A) flys a route that is a tour leg and files a PIREP. Me as an admin goes and once I approve the pirep I am immidiately met with this.

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::get_pilot_tours() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 21

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::get_tour() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 29

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::get_tour() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 33

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::update_pilot_tourdata() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 54

Here is the source of the issue: Ahhh scratch that. It is a payware, I can't post code. I won't do Dave like that. Do you own this module Parkho?

When I go to the Tour Admin home page to attempt my admin duties, the home page has this at the top:

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::get_tours() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 74

When I change that public function to public static function, the page goes blank white and give s me this:

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 74

If I click any of the options for a active tour in the admin such as edit, tour, details, or anything else, it has :

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::get_tour() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 81

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::get_pilot_data() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 82

And this:

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::get_tour() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 105

I have not attempted the delete link yet for a tour for testing reasons. that will be my last test to delete an active tour.

Now Rebuilding a pilots tour gets me this at the top of the rebuild page which I believe might just be the header throiwing an error. I could be wrong.:

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::get_pilots_participated() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 113

Here is one error from a rebuild. I will try to replicate all the others in one minute for you.

Strict Standards: Non-static method TourData::update_pilot_tourdata() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/admin/modules/TourAdmin/TourAdmin.php on line 131

Ok so essentially, I last night had several other errors to that today I can not replicate. I think I might know what the issue is and am going to attempt to replicate again here as soon as I have a nice hot cup of coffee.

On a side note, most of those errors, if I change any of the public funtions like I did previously in this post, I end up with the same thing, white screen with the given error.

I can get screenies to if needs be. If you don't own this module, I am trying to figure out what to do as I can't legally share the files or code.

Since I can't share the code, can I just share each individual line that is erroring without showing any other lines?

For the record, I know I said I was not going to suppress errors. On a just because, I attempted to add this to the top of the touradmin.php in the modules folder:

error_reporting(error_reporting() & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED);

I had all kinds of issues. I then deleted it and added it to the very bottom of the file after the closing }} and it worked. Now my admin can continue to work on the site and do their thing while I worry about this.

I appreciate any and all help I can get Parkho. I would definitely owe you a coffee.

• Moderators

Unfortunately I don't own this module and from what I'm seeing, all errors are from tourdata.class.php file. When you change functions to static do you get other sections with new errors? if that's the case, have you modified any core files when you first installed the module?

None of the core files are edited at all except for styling. All functions are as is as of when I bought the module from Dave.

When I chance the functions to static, I get the one error I posted for certain and then on the rebuild pilots function, it throws a BUNCH ... literally a bunch of errors.

I can just suppress the errors and use it until it can't be used anymore. It's no biggie. :)