Pirep times and Airline Selection

mw308

Hi all

Our new website for Air Southwest Virtual is now well underway with this excellent VA management system, for which I am very grateful as it has saved me hours of coding to date.  However, we are currently testing the PIREP system, and I've found that it asks for the time to be entered as hours.minutes, for example 1.3 would be 1 hour 30 mins, but on the pilot centre page it says I have 2.85 hours left until reaching our next rank.  Not sure you can have .8 of an hour if you follow the rule above, as it would be 80 mins, so technically I have 2 hours 85 mins left.  Is this the correct action?

Also, is there any way to force the "Select Airline" box to the airline, as we only have one on the system?

I am using the latest 1.1.458 full version.

Thanks

• Administrators

Hey Will,

On that page, it's shown in "fraction" of hours, if that makes sense. I fixed the bug in the backend, where it translates the minutes into hour fractions (for pay purposes), then records it that way. That display there now is shown in fractions of an hour, now really hours:minutes.

As for select airline, you can remove the "select airline" option in the template, and it'll default to the first airline listed.

Hi Nabeel

With regards to the PIREP airline, I removed the Select Airline part form the template but it now will not let me log any pireps (saying please fill in all the fields).  The Select Airline field has now disappeared, so I've clearly deleted too much.  What specifically do I need to delete?

Many thanks

Hi Nabeel yes that's fixed now thank you.

Now I've added two more PIREPs in.  Their combined flight time was 57mins, so in terms of the pirep input system that would be 0.57.  The trouble is that it has subtracted 0.57 from 2.85, meaning it is confusing decimal time with hours/minutes.  The end result after doing just under an hour flight is 2.28 hours left until captain status.  In theory I should have 1.95 hours left in decimal time.

Basically it is subtracting hours/minutes from decimal time, which aren't compatible when directly subtracting.  Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks

• Administrators

Not right now. It should be automatically corrected in the next release. Though there may be some offset from beforehand. I've been adjusting it manually in the places it needs to.

It's a bit complicated, because FSACARS and FSPAX have their own formats of sending it