Custom ACARS Development Questions

coryb12

Hi, all. I am developing a custom ACARS program that will use the same PHP script (or extremely similar) as FSACARS. I need to know which information is being sent to what PHP file, class of PHP file, and what each variable is named for the PHP to receive it. I already know that I need to use POST methods as I have a login function already working from it. Basically, I'm asking somebody to "decode" the PHP so i know what variable with what name gets sent where as I have almost no experience with PHP. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :D

Hi, all. I am developing a custom ACARS program that will use the same PHP script (or extremely similar) as FSACARS. I need to know which information is being sent to what PHP file, class of PHP file, and what each variable is named for the PHP to receive it. I already know that I need to use POST methods as I have a login function already working from it. Basically, I'm asking somebody to "decode" the PHP so i know what variable with what name gets sent where as I have almost no experience with PHP. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :D

Hi Coryb12

Get the SDK for fsacars so you should get an idea on what fsacars exports , http://www.satavirtual.org/fsacars/fsacarssdk.zip

then take a look ok site/core/modules/ACARS/fsacars.php

but to be honest fsacars doesn't work pretty well in my opnion , example no matter if you want or not to search for a flight the flight needs to have a bid or is a nogo, Our pilots and myself do like more kACARS approach with login to the website and search by flight number

also this will limit a LOT your development , better just have your own module and be free than just a fsacars clone with fsacars limitations and drawbacks

Hi Coryb12

Get the SDK for fsacars so you should get an idea on what fsacars exports , http://www.satavirtual.org/fsacars/fsacarssdk.zip

then take a look ok site/core/modules/ACARS/fsacars.php

but to be honest fsacars doesn't work pretty well in my opnion , example no matter if you want or not to search for a flight the flight needs to have a bid or is a nogo, Our pilots and myself do like more kACARS approach with login to the website and search by flight number

also this will limit a LOT your development , better just have your own module and be free than just a fsacars clone with fsacars limitations and drawbacks

Yeah,I'm thinking of starting with an FSACARS clone just to have something a little easier for pilots to use. I am really bad with PHP though and don't have a ton of experience with programming. Maybe in the future I will have something better.....