Real-time Schedule [REQUEST]

coryb12

• Administrators

I looked at this a while back and have a sample dataset from them. The basic dataset is really easy to work with but is a pay service. Their free service only allows you to frame their application on your site and includes ads and such, there is no access to the raw data in that version. If someone wants to pay the monthly fees for the service the coding part is actually pretty light. B)

I looked at this a while back and have a sample dataset from them. The basic dataset is really easy to work with but is a pay service. Their free service only allows you to frame their application on your site and includes ads and such, there is no access to the raw data in that version. If someone wants to pay the monthly fees for the service the coding part is actually pretty light. B)

Thanks for your fast reply! Hmmmm.... do you know how much their monthly service cost? I do think there are some va's that have a deal to get it free because on one it just has a link and the Innovata logo at the bottom of the flight search screen.

• Administrators

Nope, I never asked for a quote from them. They may be willing to let you have it for nothing in exchange for advertising, I would make it clear to them that it is for a non-profit organization and see what they say. If you get access to the data feed, let me know. B)

Update: Well, it is definitely not free anymore...in fact the prices they came back with were quite high (over $100 per airline). I am currently in negotioating with them and will hopefully get it under $100. Either way, I will probably end up using their service. I will keep you updated and let you know when/if I get access to it.

I do not know what airline you are wanting to mirror but some do have xml feeds of their flight schedules which could probably be used as well.

I am using Frontier Airlines.I'm not sure if they have an xml feed.

OpenFlights has a database:

http://openflights.org/data.html

Hmmmm... after looking at it it doesn't seem like it has flight numbers and times.

• Administrators

I do not really see anything out there for Frontier as far as sometype of a live data feed for schedules. They have a number of options here - http://www.frontierairlines.com/frontier/flight-info/timetable-finder.do but I do not see anything in a format that would really be usable for what you are trying to do. It may be the manual method of inputing all the schedules.

I do not really see anything out there for Frontier as far as sometype of a live data feed for schedules. They have a number of options here - http://www.frontierairlines.com/frontier/flight-info/timetable-finder.do but I do not see anything in a format that would really be usable for what you are trying to do. It may be the manual method of inputing all the schedules.

Yeah, but I'm sure their schedule finder is using an xml feed, so I will giving them a call tomorrow to see what I can do.

UPDATE: Finally got directed to the technical department of Republic Airways (since they bought Frontier)....the guy there said he wasn't quite sure if they had an XML feed since everything is rapidly changing since Repuclic just announced Frontier would be their brand for Midwest and Frontier combined. I will give him a call back on Monday and let you guys know the outcome.