Manual pirep and departure airport

maxwaldorf

Hi nabeel,

I discovered a point which is a bit confusing while using firefox or IE :

When entering a PIREP manually, firefox limits departure airport to the airports in existing schedules (OK) but IE does not...

Is it possible to remove departure airport limitation as we would like our pilot to do some charter flights... and choose their own departure airports... ?

Cheers !

• 3 months later...

I'd overcome the problem, now there is a possibility to file custom PIREPS for custom routes. I used the form max suggested and also disabled the schedule check by removing the following strings from core/modules/PIREPS/PIREPS.php:

if(!SchedulesData::GetScheduleByFlight($this->post->code, $this->post->flightnum))
	{
		Template::Set('message', 'The flight code and number you entered is not a valid route!');
		Template::Show('core_error.tpl');
		return false;
	}

The only problem is that if the airport is not in the airport list yet you have to add it manually, no matter before or after you accept the PIREP. But that doesn't seem to be a big trouble, really.

• Administrators

Just a warning - this will produce disconnected PIREPs from the main, and also screw up your financial reports and NOT be accurate.

I don't know the full back-end effects of this work around so any problems from it I can't really help you out there!

Just a warning - this will produce disconnected PIREPs from the main, and also screw up your financial reports and NOT be accurate.

I don't know the full back-end effects of this work around so any problems from it I can't really help you out there!

I don't use any financial tools so that's not really a problem for me. The rest of the stuff seems to be working okay.

By the way, what do yo mean "disconnected PIREPs"?

Just tried an FSacars PIREP of a scheduled flight, tried a custom PIREP to an airport which wasn't in the database (accepted then added the airports in the db), all worked fine.

Again, I don't use the financial tools so that is not a problem with me.

• Administrators

By the way, what do yo mean "disconnected PIREPs"?

Just tried an FSacars PIREP of a scheduled flight, tried a custom PIREP to an airport which wasn't in the database (accepted then added the airports in the db), all worked fine.

Again, I don't use the financial tools so that is not a problem with me.

For financials, the PIREPs are referenced to the schedule it belongs to; if the schedule doesn't exist, then it's and orphaned PIREP.

If you're not using financials, it's okay (I guess), but if you are, then it will throw that off completely. Just a word of caution to anyone else who is reading thing

For financials, the PIREPs are referenced to the schedule it belongs to; if the schedule doesn't exist, then it's and orphaned PIREP.

If you're not using financials, it's okay (I guess), but if you are, then it will throw that off completely. Just a word of caution to anyone else who is reading thing

Okay thanks! I'm not using financials and do not intend to so it's fine for me.

PIREP examples:

FSacars pirep for a scheduled booked flight: http://greatlakes-va.com/index.php/pireps/viewreport/22

Custom PIREP for airports that were not in the database at the time PIREP has been accepted (added the airports right after accepted the PIREP: http://greatlakes-va.com/index.php/pireps/view/14

I wanna try something else though. I wanna see if I can manually fill a custom (non scheduled) flight information in FSacars, use it to track the flight and then file a PIREP.