New Bug Tracker

Nabeel

• Administrators

Atlassian has granted phpVMS a license to their Jira bug tracker. The old bug tracker (Trac), was starting to get spammed. Those of you who have account on Trac might be receiving an email about an account being setup, so don't be alarmed. I am just moving the data over to the new tracker. As a result of this, any add-on developers who also want a 'project' under this new tracker system can apply for one, and I will set you up with a project under it, as a Project Manager with it. The advantage being that it makes it much easier for phpVMS users to report bugs and get resolutions, and allowing you to streamline your own efforts and not have to find, setup, and manage your own system for that. It's also easier for users not having to have multiple logins to manage for multiple projects.

2.1 is also slated to release soon (as in this weekend soon)! Keep a lookout :)

• Like 1

Atlassian has granted phpVMS a license to their Jira bug tracker. The old bug tracker (Trac), was starting to get spammed. Those of you who have account on Trac might be receiving an email about an account being setup, so don't be alarmed. I am just moving the data over to the new tracker. As a result of this, any add-on developers who also want a 'project' under this new tracker system can apply for one, and I will set you up with a project under it, as a Project Manager with it. The advantage being that it makes it much easier for phpVMS users to report bugs and get resolutions, and allowing you to streamline your own efforts and not have to find, setup, and manage your own system for that. It's also easier for users not having to have multiple logins to manage for multiple projects.

2.1 is also slated to release soon (as in this weekend soon)! Keep a lookout :)

Nabeel Awesome , , Jira is pretty nice , just make sure you have audited properly after install

take a look on Apache report on the breach they had some days ago

http://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/apache_org_04_09_2010

• Administrators

Yup, I saw the report and took a bunch of their conclusions into consideration. They were also on an old copy of Jira. Luckily in my case I'm the only admin so password security isn't much of an issue, but always good to note..