search flight by distance range

ARV187

I would like to add an option to allow you to search for a flight that has for example between 200 miles and 300 miles
something similar to: search flight where 'distance' between "$distance1" and "$distance2"

I have scanned these files:

• schedule_searchform.tpl
  • core/modules/Schedules/schedules.php

but I can not find out what code I need to do this.

• Administrators

What version of phpVMS?

Does your schedule search already show an option for greater than/less than? If so, look in /core/common/SchedulesData.class.php around line 322 for distanceBetweenPoints function. This will give an idea how that function works and help you write a new function to do exactly what you want. You would also need to add to /core/templates/schedule_searchform.php so the pilot has the option to search by a distance range.

v2.1.936 version, I saw that function, but I don't figure that do with that, the function calculate the distance between two points.
I can do that in phpmyadmin with a sql sentence, but I do not know how to move it to that in schedule_searchform distances section with the existing form, where the data of the query "between" are those that the user enters in two fields type number.

<div id="distance">
		<p>Selecciona distancia:</p>
		<select id="type" name="type">
			<option value="greater">Greater than</option>
			<option value="less">Less than</option>            
		</select>
		<input type="text" name="distance" value="" />        
		<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search flight" />
<br /><br />
			<option value="between">Between</option>
        		<?php $sql = "SELECT *  FROM `phpvms_schedules` WHERE `distance` BETWEEN $distance1 AND $distance2"; ?>
        <input type="number" name="distance1" min="1" max="9999" value="" /> > <input type="number" name="distance2" min="1" max="9999" value="" />
        <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search flight" />
</div>

Edited by ARV187