"No Route Passed" ?

jamlava

Hi,

My virtual airline has just started and pilots cannot seem to bid on flights.

When they go to "Pilot Center" > "View Flight Schedules" and then choose the one they want and click "Add to Bid", they get taken to a blank page with "no route passed". The bid doesn't get added.

I have left the route field blank in my schedules as it says you can, what do I have to enter there if it fixes the problem?

Sounds like a script error, can you link to the page, or PM the link to me?

I would open Firefox and check the error console as you click the 'add bid' link, perhaps something in the template hasn't been updated

http://www.flynorthern.co.cc/pilots/index.php/schedules/addbid

That's the page, don't know if you'll be able to see it unless you're a pilot though...

I've also tried adding the route as well.

I've tried it in both Google Chrome and IE8...

Also, the only thing I've changed in the template is the file "topbanner" as the default background / fonts / text all fit in nicely with my VA's colours / logo and it gives it a clean interface. That's the only file I've changed.

Ok, I see you've signed up, but when I click "Accept" in the admin, nothing happens. I tried it again in both IE8 and Chrome, but IE8 found errors on the page, so I've copied what I got:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; InfoPath.2; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Timestamp: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:35:41 UTC

Line: 127

Char: 5

Code: 0

URI: http://www.flynorthern.co.cc/pilots/admin/lib/phpvmsadmin.js

I registered on your site so I can take a look

And (as posted above), I can't actually click the "Accept" button in the admin panel to accept it. Is there another way?

I also notice that there seems to be a bug that after you edit a pilot, it just takes you to a blank page with "Pilot Profile Updated" you then have to go all the way back to the top level of the admin panel via the Address Bar to get back to the active pilots page.

And (as posted above), I can't actually click the "Accept" button in the admin panel to accept it. Is there another way?

I also notice that there seems to be a bug that after you edit a pilot, it just takes you to a blank page with "Pilot Profile Updated" you then have to go all the way back to the top level of the admin panel via the Address Bar to get back to the active pilots page.

Ok, sorted it by going into phpMyAdmin and editing the database record entry.

Do you want me to give you admin access?

• Administrators

If you can give me admin access, that'd be great. I can't duplicate it on my dev site, using IE8 with v928

The pilot's list should be editing right in place.

Also, can you paste the output from running install/checkinstall.php? That checks to make sure there are no corrupted files/mismatches files

Strange, that line it's erroring on is a comment. Opened a bug, if you can comment on it there (just helps me keep bug related things in one place)

http://bugs.phpvms.net/browse/VMS-270

No problem, I'll give you admin access.

Also, it worked fine before the updates... it seems to me that there are several bugs. Should I put them all in one comment?

• Administrators

In one is fine. I'm trying to narrow down what it might be, but the output of install/checkinstall.php file would help. I haven't been able to duplicate any of those (can you try on http://dev.phpvms.net, if you register on there I'll give you admin access to see if you're able to duplicate it there)

In one is fine. I'm trying to narrow down what it might be, but the output of install/checkinstall.php file would help. I haven't been able to duplicate any of those (can you try on http://dev.phpvms.net, if you register on there I'll give you admin access to see if you're able to duplicate it there)

Ok, I got this:

Checking PHP version

[OK] PHP version is 5.2.x

Checking connectivity...

[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...

[OK] SimpleXML module exists!

Checking file hashes for corrupt or mismatched files

[Checksum failed] /install/navdata.sql did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date -- I didn't upload this when I just re-uploaded the install folder, no problem

[Checksum failed] /core/common/OperationsData.class.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/classes/ezdb/ezdb_base.class.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /core/modules/kACARS_Free/kACARS_Free.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/maintenance.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/finance_expenseform.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/templates/maintenance_changepilotid.tpl did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/lib/phpvmsadmin.js did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

[Checksum failed] /admin/modules/Maintenance/Maintenance.php did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/lib/js/jquery.form.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/tmp) in /home/flynorth/public_html/pilots/install/checkinstall.php on line 140

[Error] /lib/js/jquery.form.js doesn't exist

Should I try re-uploading those files from the 2.1.928 update?

I just realised I re-uploaded the install folder from the 2.1.937 update ZIP, not the .928 one. I re-ran it and it only found the file I deliberately didn't re-upload because it was too big and would take too long.

Edited by jamlava

• Administrators

Yeah, the file you're having trouble with:

[Checksum failed] /admin/lib/phpvmsadmin.js did not match, possibly corrupt or out of date

Is showing up as not matching what it should be. I would re-download 928 (clear your cache and all first). Also the checkinstall script is giving that last error:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/lib/js/jquery.form.js) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/tmp) in /home/flynorth/public_html/pilots/install/checkinstall.php on line 140

[Error] /lib/js/jquery.form.js doesn't exist

Which was also fixed in 928 (but present in 927).

I think maybe your FTP client (what are you using?) just didn't upload or update those. That'd be a place to start from at least

Yeah, the file you're having trouble with:

Is showing up as not matching what it should be. I would re-download 928 (clear your cache and all first). Also the checkinstall script is giving that last error:

Which was also fixed in 928 (but present in 927).

I think maybe your FTP client (what are you using?) just didn't upload or update those. That'd be a place to start from at least

I'm using FileZilla, I will re-upload those files from a clean download of the update and see what happens.

I accepted your registration and made you an admin, let me know how it goes

I haven't experienced any of the errors so far on the test site I registered on. Everything seems to work as it should.

Is it possible to do a clean install from the full version, but backup the local.config file first so it still works with my database. Or will I lose all the users / settings / flights etc...

• Administrators

I haven't experienced any of the errors so far on the test site I registered on. Everything seems to work as it should.

Is it possible to do a clean install from the full version, but backup the local.config file first so it still works with my database. Or will I lose all the users / settings / flights etc...

Yes, save your local.config.php file, and make a backup of your database (just in case). Then delete all the files, and reupload everything. Then you can either reinstall, or restore your local.config.php. The installer won't overwrite anything in the database, but to be sure, just run the first step (you don't have to do the user setup)

Yes, save your local.config.php file, and make a backup of your database (just in case). Then delete all the files, and reupload everything. Then you can either reinstall, or restore your local.config.php. The installer won't overwrite anything in the database, but to be sure, just run the first step (you don't have to do the user setup)

Ok, I will download the latest full version and try this, I will let you know how I get on.

i also get the "no routes" error. I'm running .928 on firefox and ie8. i did the install/checkinstall

Checking PHP version

Checking connectivity...

[OK] No errors found!

-- Checked 182 files, found 0 errors

no errors? also no routemap shows up when viewing past pireps.

• Administrators

i also get the "no routes" error. I'm running .928 on firefox and ie8. i did the install/checkinstall

Checking PHP version

Checking connectivity...

[OK] No errors found!

Strange, which Firefox version? Also, goto Tools -> Error Console, any errors show up in there? Same for IE 8 - any errors?

Checking PHP version

Checking connectivity...

[OK] No errors found!

Yep, exactly that problem as well. Just noticed it now. I think you should do what I'm in the process of doing and remove all the files and do a full install. Remember to backup the database and your core\local.config.php file first though and you shouldn't loose any user settings.

• Administrators

Hi,

My virtual airline has just started and pilots cannot seem to bid on flights.

When they go to "Pilot Center" > "View Flight Schedules" and then choose the one they want and click "Add to Bid", they get taken to a blank page with "no route passed". The bid doesn't get added.

I have left the route field blank in my schedules as it says you can, what do I have to enter there if it fixes the problem?

I just tried your site in both IE 8 and FF (to add bids), I'm not getting any errors, seems to be working... strange.

Did you try completely clearing your cache and cookies?

I just tried your site in both IE 8 and FF (to add bids), I'm not getting any errors, seems to be working... strange.

Did you try completely clearing your cache and cookies?

Is that aimed at me or Alex? I'm not expecting anything (or very little) to work at the moment as it is only part way through uploading and I made sure I wiped out all the files from the server that were to do with my PHPVMS install...

Is that aimed at me or Alex? I'm not expecting anything (or very little) to work at the moment as it is only part way through uploading and I made sure I wiped out all the files from the server that were to do with my PHPVMS install...

No Luck, I will have to try again tomorrow as it is approaching midnight were I live.

It was a completely clean install and I even emptied out the cache of every browser, ran CCleaner (which basically wipes the whole system) and still no luck.

It was the same error with the .js file in the admin area. And the pilot bids still don't work. Could you try attaching a copy of the file with the error in to me from the development site as it worked fine there (so its not my browser...).

I think the build might have a corrupt file in it.

I'll start back again tomorrow...

• Administrators

For you, I mean. I tried on your site (the add bids at least).

I'll rebuild it right now

Couldn't dupe those either...

I don't know what could be happening. It was a completely clean install (I made sure of that), the upload completed via FTP with no fails. I ran the install check thing and it found no errors this time.

It is definately that .js file (can't remember file name of top of my head, something admin...) and I think that could be causing all the problems.

These problems don't happen on the development site you linked me to, I tried.

Maybe the original download archives have corrupt or out of date files? Where as the development site doesn't?

• Administrators

I don't know what could be happening. It was a completely clean install (I made sure of that), the upload completed via FTP with no fails. I ran the install check thing and it found no errors this time.

It is definately that .js file (can't remember file name of top of my head, something admin...) and I think that could be causing all the problems.

These problems don't happen on the development site you linked me to, I tried.

Maybe the original download archives have corrupt or out of date files? Where as the development site doesn't?

I re-build the tars and zips. Are you still having problems? Try the tar file this time. It might be something weird in your browser or computer then. You tried Firefox?

The line it was giving errors on was a comment line, which shouldn't do anything at all, which leads me to believe something else is going on

I re-build the tars and zips. Are you still having problems? Try the tar file this time. It might be something weird in your browser or computer then. You tried Firefox?

The line it was giving errors on was a comment line, which shouldn't do anything at all, which leads me to believe something else is going on

Ok, I'm trying the .tar.gz archive and I'll upload it with the FTP client you recommend on your downloads page (WinSCP).

Before you ask, I've not edited any files apart from 1 image in the crystal theme folder, so I can have my airline logo included.

I've tried on several computers now on different internet connections at different establishments and all have the same problem. My pilots are also having similar problems with the bidding system.