Suppress error messages

Mats

Hey all! Hope youre doing well!

For a long time now, I have been getting the error when sending a PIREP and other functions (via smartCARS, Manual Pirep, Edit from Profile):

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 2SUCCESS / You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 2".

I have not found a solution to this on the Internet. Everything is executed, but I get the error message . My attempt is now to deactivate such error messages. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

My phpVMS version: simpilot 5.5.2

My error has also already been posted:

I have already tried this (the file looks slightly different on my computer): https://forum.phpvms.net/topic/23900-smartcars-pirep-filing-error-fix/

Best Regards from Germany,

Mats

• Administrators

Instead of hiding errors, you may be better served to install a fresh copy of phpVMS to a subdomain and link smartCARS to it to see if the error is still there. Of course, leave the new install totally default, including the default skin.

If it works in a default phpVMS setup, you will then know that either your skin or possibly one of your modules or other edited file is causing the issue. Then it's just a matter of determining which one.

If it doesn't work with a default install of phpVMS on your hosting, chances are your hosting isn't set up correctly.

I am not a fan of hiding errors. That tends to cause further issues in the future - when your host updates their software.

First of all, thank you for the quick reply!

I understand your point, however, my hoster is designed for phpvms and will therefore not carry out any updates of this kind. Believe me, I am in the process of installing my CrewCenter since October 2020... I had 1000 errors and gradually got to grips with the system. CrewCenter is now 100% finished and I would hate to do it all over again if I don't have to. Therefore I would like to try this method until further errors occur (especially because it works and only the error message comes up). Separately I will work on the problem solution as described by you, but I would like to choose this option temporarily.

I hope you can help me how I can suppress an error (from my first post).

Best regards,

Mats

• Administrators

Can you identify the file that is causing the error? 

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 2SUCCESS

According to the error, it is near ')' in line 2 - but it doesn't say what file. Is the error shown on the screen when submitting a PIREP? Is error logging ON? Any clues in the error_log file? Have you check the console (in Chrome browser) for any clues?

I have never turned error reporting off - so I am of no help to you on that front.

• Administrators

I'd suggest placi g a blank text file named error_log in both of those directories. Only name it "error_log" - no file extension. Then try filing a PIREP again and see if there are any errors in the file. Also, using GoogleChrome browser,open the console prior to accessing the PIREP page - go to the page (with console open) and see if any errors show in the console

• Administrators

On the File a PIREP page, you show these errors

You have included the Google Maps JavaScript API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.

Google Maps JavaScript API warning: NoApiKeys https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#no-api-keys

Google Maps JavaScript API warning: SensorNotRequired https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#sensor-not-required

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://crew.vsundair.de/lib/skins/FireCrew3/assets/js/chartist.min.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

All but the last definitely have to do with Google Maps.

• You are calling the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. The default install doesn't do this - so it's probably the skin or a core file you edited.
  • You don't have any Google Maps API keys installed - this is required for the map to work correctly. No idea if smartCARS uses this or not.
  • You have "sensor=true" set - don't include the "sensor=true" part as the present Google Maps API doesn't use it.
  • No idea what this is.... something in your FireCrew3 skin.

In any case, I would revert back to the default skin, fix the Google Maps errors and try again. Once you have all the errors fixed using the default skin, install smartCARS and see if it works. If it does, then try with an addon skin.

You need to be very systematic. Get the default install working correctly first. Then fixes will be easier.