Manual PIREP Problem

CrashGordon

Maybe I'm talking to myself, but I found a workaround, kind of sort of.

Open the manual pirep but did not select the airline. I was able to do everything else. Then I selected the airline and submitted the pirep. Got an error message that not everything was entered, but now, I can selct the departure airport. BTW, the aircraft selected isn't sticky and has to be selected again. Then the pirep can be submitted successfully.

Maybe that will provide a clue as to what is happening.

This only happenend after I changed skins. Don't know if that's the cause.

• Administrators

I'm old. I'm allowed to to forget everything.laugh.gif Now, if I could only remember how it got fixed.rolleyes.gif I guess I will take a look and see what I can find. If I recall, it was something really wierd that only affected the departure airport.

Are the ID elements on the form fields the same?

They appear to be. I hauled all the stuff that is actually on the site, into Dreamweaver. Since there is a difference in the way new_pirep and edit_pirep work, I examined both. I'd globally search 'depicao', but that won't show me where it is something else.

BTW, there are actually differences in the width of the dropdown as all this happens. I'll post some shots to se if they give any clues.

Well, they told me running a VA would be exciting.biggrin.gif

Here they are. The first one is when I open the page. The second is after I select the airline. Notice the field has shortened. The third is if I deselect the airline, then the field disappears. The last one was after I clicked on submit. Once that happens, it works fine.

pirep1.jpg

pirep2.jpg

pirep3.jpg

pirep4.jpg