acars_live_time

SupernovaSurfer

Hello All,

I just recently moved my phpVMS 5 install to 7.0.0 -dev , just a question about setting up the env or config file....

What would be the correct way to set up the acars live time as we had in the earlier versions as below ?

From our earlier local config:

# ACARS options
#  Minutes, flights to show on the ACARS
#  Default is 720 minutes (12 hours)
Config::Set('ACARS_LIVE_TIME', 720);

It is how it works, it is a Live Map :) They will show up when the pilots starts the flight and will be gone when the pirep is filed (flight finished).

And when an error occurs and flights got frozen, like acars crash, sim crash, dropped connection etc then the Acars Live Time kicks in (with cron) and removes any frozen pireps from the map according to your settings.

If it is not acting like above, for example if the live flights not being shown on the map or being invisible suddenly (during cruise or so) and then being visible again, it may be related to your server though (or the api calls between acars client and your phpvms).

I faced a similar behaviour once and realized that there was a server update ongoing (which i skipped to add my calendar/reminder) thus the connections was being dropped etc (not related to phpvms)

Edited by DisposableHero

Disposablehero thanks for your reply

Ok , that's not how it worked for the earlier versions.

Age of flights to show on the map in hours. Set to 0 to show only all in-progress flights

Earlier:

# ACARS options
#  Minutes, flights to show on the ACARS
#  Default is 720 minutes (12 hours) ...if we set it to 1440 minutes the flights would stay displayed on the map shown as "arrived".

The above meant that the flights would stay displayed on the map for 12 hours ( even completed ones) or 24 Hours when set to 1440

It worked the same for 3 different acars.   FSacars, smartCars and a custom one...based on the config we set in localconfig

Current set 0 for only "in progress" ,  anything else in terms of age(time) like 12 hours would include  even "not in progress" flights ( i.e. completed ones)

thats what I understood it would be.

Regards

Edited by SupernovaSurfer

This is not v5 so do not expect them to behave the same :) It works as I described above, sorry if it does not fulfill your expectations or needs but it is how it is developed for v7.

"Live" Map will not show completed flights, that setting description may be a little bit confusing, i understand that (i thought the same way at first, and set mine to 0, then I realized how it works and how it got related with cron etc and set mine to 1).

Thanks Disposable,

I've used the versions for 11 years as I'd mentioned elsewhere so no "expectations" , the software as is made available by the developer and others such as yourself is much appreciated and used anyway.

Just needed to clarify , hence the questions ..thanks for the clarifications

Regards 

Edited by SupernovaSurfer
  • Thanks 1