Rank/Badge Questions

USA001

When adding rank, one of the fields has this:

The order of this rank (if ranks are manually set), or the minimum hours required.

The way I understand that, is based on hours, hence minimum hours. However, if we wanted/needed to assign rank manually and not by flights or hours, how? Would it not show up in the Pilot Center for each pilot stating that he/she would need so many hours for the next one?

Now, is there a way to have a rank image added to the badge dynamically? If someone signs up, their badge would have the new hire rank on their badge and as soon as they obtained the next rank, the new hire rank would be replaced with their new one.

The order of this rank (if ranks are manually set), or the minimum hours required.

The way I understand that, is based on hours, hence minimum hours. However, if we wanted/needed to assign rank manually and not by flights or hours, how? Would it not show up in the Pilot Center for each pilot stating that he/she would need so many hours for the next one?

That's a good question. I have never noticed the order thing before.

Now, is there a way to have a rank image added to the badge dynamically? If someone signs up, their badge would have the new hire rank on their badge and as soon as they obtained the next rank, the new hire rank would be replaced with their new one.

I set my new hire hours to a minimum of 0 hours. That way as soon as they register, they will have 0 hours and they will get that rank. But as soon as they file at least 1 pirep with at least 1 hour they get the trainee rank. I never touch my ranks on my site. It just automagically does it for me.

• Administrators

The image not showing up in the badge is a bug.

The ordering - if you're not doing it manually, set the rank as the flight hours.

If you're doing it manually, you can still set it as flight hours, but it just has to be in order. So the lowest rank a 1, the next a 2, and so on.

The image not showing up in the badge is a bug.

The ordering - if you're not doing it manually, set the rank as the flight hours.

If you're doing it manually, you can still set it as flight hours, but it just has to be in order. So the lowest rank a 1, the next a 2, and so on.

But correct me if I'm wrong, if they hit 2 hours or more, wouldn't that automatically bump them up to the next rank?