A couple of things I've found while updating

mw308

Hi Nabeel many thanks for the update - looking at the changelog this will be an excellent release!

Just a couple of things to run past you: when the site had finished updating, it gave me errors saying access denied on the js folder.  The internet guest account had read and execute permissions on the folder, but to remove the error I had to give it write permissions.  Is that correct?

Also, I notice my version number is still 1.1.458 and saying there is the 1.2 update available, although my admin centre has the new layout.

When I try to add a category to the downloads section, I type the name and click Add Category, but nothing happens.  I refreshed the page to check if it had included it but no.

Thanks

• Administrators

Then you need to create that table (copy it from the install.sql), then re-run the update.sql to make sure the rest of the changes are there.

Then run the update.php again, I'm puzzled as to why it's not updating that version number.

What I meant above is that while I don't have 'vaairswv2.phpvms_pireps' I do have 'vaairswv2.vaaswv2_pireps'.  Alongside this I also have _downloads and _expenses under the same database and table prefix name.  I can force the version number if necessary.  I've also tried readding download categories with no luck.

• Administrators

Oh, your table prefixes are different. Then you run the update.php it'll change the phpvms_tablename to the right prefix+tablename.

Are the table changes ok? Try:

CREATE TABLE `vaaswv2_downloads` (
   `id` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
   `pid` INT,
   `name` VARCHAR(50),
   `link` TEXT ASCII,
   `image` TEXT ASCII,
   `hits` INT,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE = MyISAM;

CREATE TABLE `vaaswv2_expenses` (
`id` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`name` VARCHAR( 25 ) NOT NULL ,
`cost` FLOAT NOT NULL ,
`fixed` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE = MYISAM;

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `vaaswv2_financedata` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`month` int(11) NOT NULL,
`year` int(11) NOT NULL,
`data` text NOT NULL,
`total` float NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM;

ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_aircraft` ADD `maxpax` FLOAT NOT NULL AFTER `cruise`;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_aircraft` ADD `maxcargo` FLOAT NOT NULL AFTER `maxpax`;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_aircraft` ADD `enabled` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 1;

ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_airports` ADD `fuelprice` FLOAT NOT NULL ;

ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pilots` ADD `bgimage` VARCHAR( 30 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'background.png' AFTER `salt`;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pilots` ADD `joindate` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00';
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pilots` ADD `lastpirep` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00';

ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_expenses` ADD `type` VARCHAR ( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'M';

ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_schedules` ADD `maxload` INT NOT NULL AFTER `flighttime`;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_schedules` ADD `price` FLOAT NOT NULL AFTER `maxload`;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_schedules` ADD `flighttype` VARCHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'P' AFTER `price`;

ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pireps` ADD `load` INT NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pireps` ADD `fuelused` FLOAT NOT NULL DEFAULT 5.10 AFTER `load`;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pireps` ADD `fuelprice` FLOAT NOT NULL DEFAULT 5.10 AFTER `fuelused`;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pireps` ADD `price` FLOAT NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pireps` ADD `flighttype` VARCHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'P';
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pireps` ADD `pilotpay` FLOAT NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pireps` ADD `expenses` FLOAT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pireps` ADD `expenselist` BLOB NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pireps` ADD `source` VARCHAR ( 25 ) NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `vaaswv2_pireps` CHANGE `fuelused` `fuelused` FLOAT NOT NULL;

And I found a bug with my version number update, just do:

UPDATE `vaaswv2_settings` SET value='1.2.600' WHERE name='PHPVMS_VERSION'

• Administrators

Just the 2 new files from the updated download should do it, and run the update.php, that should do it (I hope! :D).

I've noticed some people are uploading, but the files don't fully upload (Filezilla seems to be the main culprit), so make sure of that, that's why I usually tell people to reupload first.

Sorry about that man!

Not a problem - good to be challenged every now and again!  By the way I extract the zip directly to the server (no FTP uploading), so technically any files that are corrupted is either due to 7-Zip or Windows Explorer.  I'll let you know how the 2 files get on.

Ok just tried running update.php with the other file in the install folder with no other files, and it reported I've already updated.  Tried with ?force, and a shed load of errors popped up with file missing etc.  Do you want me to upload the entire update.zip again and start again with ?force ?

Without ?force:

Notice: The template file "C:Inetpubairsouthwest (95)v2/install/templatesheader.tpl" doesn't exist in C:Inetpubairsouthwest (95)v2coreclassesTemplateSet.class.php on line 206

phpVMS Updater
You already have updated! Please delete this /install folder.

To force the update to run again, click: update.php?force

Notice: The template file "C:Inetpubairsouthwest (95)v2/install/templatesfooter.tpl" doesn't exist in C:Inetpubairsouthwest (95)v2coreclassesTemplateSet.class.php on line 206

With ?force:

Notice: The template file "C:Inetpubairsouthwest (95)v2/install/templatesheader.tpl" doesn't exist in C:Inetpubairsouthwest (95)v2coreclassesTemplateSet.class.php on line 206

phpVMS Updater
Starting the update...

Adding new options to the core/local.config.php...

Updating your database...

Warning: file_get_contents(C:Inetpubairsouthwest (95)v2/install/update.sql) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:Inetpubairsouthwest (95)v2installInstaller.class.php on line 236

Update completed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If there were any errors, you may have to manually run the SQL update, or correct the errors, and click the following to re-run the update: update.php?force
Click here to goto your site, or your admin panel

Notice: The template file "C:Inetpubairsouthwest (95)v2/install/templatesfooter.tpl" doesn't exist in C:Inetpubairsouthwest (95)v2coreclassesTemplateSet.class.php on line 206

I've just noticed that it has worked this time, so that's ok.  I'll check the version etc now.

• Administrators

Ok, let's try this, /admin/modules/downloads/downloads.php, line 131, there's this:

DownloadData::AddCategory($this->post->name, '', '');

After that line add:

DB::debug();

Then try adding a category, and post in the debug text, hopefully we can see what's goin' on

• Administrators

It'll just show in the main window.

Not getting that error either? Hmm, ok.

Refresh your cache and make sure the /admin/lib/phpvmsadmin.js is up to date

Also, check the error console on firefox for any errors. Goto tools, error console, clear it, and then try adding and see if any errors show up