The Law of Unintended Consequences

CrashGordon

A while back, I created several airlines in addition to Omega-Air (OMG). Some of them were Omega-Air Express (OME), Omega-Air Freight (OMF), etc. The idea was to allow for easier searching of routes. In that regard, it was successful. The problem is, that when pilots have been joining, they've been selecting amongst the airlines.. While that isn't necessarily bad, it is a bit of unnecessary chaos. Is there a way that would allow me to use the different airlines for sorting routes, etc., while only presenting a single one to those joining?

You could modify the select on the registration form template to prevent it automatically filling it and only allow the value "Omega-Air".

Or, I could place a notice on the page. IMPORTANT: Please select, "OMG - Omega-Air Virtual Airlines" as your airline. This is the umbrella organization for all our operations.

That will let me know if they can read and follow instructions. :lol:

Guest lorathon

I use a customized form that makes the pilot automatically a pilot of PVA. There are zero flights attached to the PVA airline. All other airlines are searchable. Just make the airline selection a hidden with a hard coded value