Multiple phpvms on same server

CrashGordon

I have two iterations of phpVMS on a single server. Each serves a different VA, the URLs for which are pointed to different directories. Each has a separate database.

The question I have involves the cookies used by phpVMS. I noticed the following commented out line in app.config.php

//Config::Set('SESSION_COOKIE_NAME', 'VMS_AUTH_COOKIE');

I'm assuming that is a default. My question is if both iterations of phpVMS are setting similarly named cookies, can that cause a problem for someone who logs into both VAs? If so, what would be the suggested naming convention to use?

(No, I don't spend all my time dreaming up crazy questions.) :D

Are they on different folders, or subdomains?

They are in different folders, totally different domains with DNS set up to point the domains to the specific folders and homepages.

The only reason I got curious about it, is that a couple of times, I've landed on the home page, which showed I was not logged in, but when I went to log in, I got an error message stating I was already logged in.

EDIT: Whoops, I'm an idiot. I believed my own propaganda. Correction, the domain name for the server is fspirep.us. Omega-air.org is pointed to its own subdirectory, below which is the phpVMS directory. that allows me to display the phpvms pages in an iframe. Typing in http://www.omega-air.org takes you to Omega-Air's home page. The second VA is located in a directory below public_html and can only be accessed by typing in the site's domain name and path to its home page. Anyone typing it that VA's domain name gets a page that tells them access is by invitation only..

I don't know if that clarified things, or made it harder to understand.:rolleyes: