x2 on the ACARS Map

Petey

• Administrators

This happens with xacars as well, if i remember right it used to do the same with fsacars.

I use xacars,kACARS paid for and they are all the same making me think its something to do with the vms code.

Ah I see - do you have some more details? It's strange since it does the lookup based on the pilot ID

Guest lorathon

Check your phpvms_acarsdata table in phpAdmin and see how many entries there are for the pilotid number. Clear the table first and then check after running kACARS_Free for a while.

Guest lorathon

I am not sure what the problem is then. If there is only one entry in the DB for the flight it should be only pulling that one entry. It sounds like it is pulling it twice for some reason. Are you sure that the acarsdata table only has the flight as a single entry?

Guest lorathon

Try re-uploading the following files

core/common/acarsdata.class.php

core/modules/acars/acars.php

core/templates/acarsmap.tpl

Those are the files that are controlling what is displayed on the map. If your flight has only one entry in the DB then it has to be a problem with one of these files.

Guest lorathon

Sorry to hear that. Not sure what the problem is. You seem to be the only one having this issue so there has to be something wrong with your setup somewhere. I will continue to try and figure it out.

Take Care,

Jeff

Maybe clear the Cache and Optimize Tables.

A few pilots in my Va use kAcars free and they dont get this problem, same with Xacars, no problems, I flew 4 flights today with FSAcars and the map updated each time and showed the correct amount of pilots flying at once.

One suggestion though, go into your skin folder, if the acarsmap.tpl is in there, delete it, ive noticed sometimes that can cause the problem.

Oh and delete and other files in there to do with the acars files etc.

Hope this helps you.