Incorrect Pilot ID's

Jacob Armstrong

• Administrators

Need to give us a little more info than "the pilot numbers is off".

There are ways to set offsets and starting numbers for pilot id's, they are posted throughout the forums if this is what you are refering to.

Need to give us a little more info than "the pilot numbers is off".

There are ways to set offsets and starting numbers for pilot id's, they are posted throughout the forums if this is what you are refering to.

I made a couple of test accounts testing the email feature, and then deleted them. I found out that it counted those as Pilot ID's and now it is 3 or 4 Pilot ID's off. It's 3 or 4 number higher than what it should be.

• Administrators

What you are probably refering to is that the database auto increments the pilot id's, even if you delete one it does not set the database back prior to the line number you deleted, you can go in the database and edit the auto increment value, which I would highly suggest against doing, as almost everything in the system is tied back to a pilot id (ie PIREPS, Groupmembers, etc...)

What you are probably refering to is that the database auto increments the pilot id's, even if you delete one it does not set the database back prior to the line number you deleted, you can go in the database and edit the auto increment value, which I would highly suggest against doing, as almost everything in the system is tied back to a pilot id (ie PIREPS, Groupmembers, etc...)

I guess I'll just live with having higher Pilot ID's than what they should be.

or you could also create another database and do the test from there before letting new members join. Then, once you know that everything works, and how everything is being recorded, you can start using the other DB. That is what I did when I started using phpVMS last year.

Also another good point Keith. The further you get along in your VA, The database cannot determine exactly who actually signs up and who departs your VA, therefore, you can never stay on top of the Pilot Identification numbers. Whenever a new member joins your VA, they always are assigned the next sequential number for their ID. So really there is no point in trying to get it changed.