Please I need Help

Ian C.

call me dumb and i wont be mad. coz i think that is what i am right now... i am the type of guy who actually reads, and so far for 2 days already i haven't understood a single thing when it comes to skinning... i have reached page 8 of phpvms forums>phpvms>skinning and read through the entire post and not even one topic made a sense to me. and i'm actually getting frustrated on myself why i don't get it.

well basically what i wanted to do is to design my own website and integrate phpvms on it.

here is the page i have created so far http://pafvirtual.com/1index.html this is in html (i have read in one thread that it has to be php) That page is basically a pure empty template.... and in that template i want to place the phpvms components such as the login, the news and other contents.... but i don't know how...

what should i do next?

can you tell me the program you use to design your site?

some people in the thread mention about a tutorial, but i can't find it.

i am really agitated right now. i feel like punching myself. lol

anyway if there is anything you can do to make my day a little brighter then please do...

• Moderators

Hey Ian,

I know these things are common when people have problems with skining,

So first of all, i see it's in HTLM format, it kinda does not work. You need files that are .tpl format to display contents. The .tpl files are suff that is taking orders from the CSS style sheet, the CSS is a stylesheet on where things go or what is colouring up. That is the way phpVMS is calling for .tpl files.

I hope this helps.

thank you vansers

do you know anything that has detailed explanation on the basic procedures? a video? .tpl for dummies perhaps?

i basically have an idea on how phpvms works... i know i'm just missing a fine detail and that's what i'm trying to find....

with regards to .php extension, i intended it to be html just for illustration purposes...

i think i can make use of a detailed guide/tutorial.... i do read a lot, so you can just bombard me with links and i can read it without any problem. just one fine detail. even just putting the log in form in that page. and im certain i'll know how to do the rest... once i figure this thing out i'm gonna make phpvms for dummies, gawd being frustrated is not a fun thing. lol

i skipped meal just to figure this out.. okay i had some cookies, and a milk.

thanks once again...

hello mates,

if i took the time to rant all of my questions about phpvms (esp skinning) i think it is just right to also inform this good community that i am now on the track. I am trauma nurse and its very unlikely for the people in my work area to discuss anything near php tpl and database...

i called my sister who is an IT Consultant and i was surprised that she told me that this things are basic. after i told her about my frustrations she brag to me that she eat this thing for breakfast. goodness! she can get an acid reflux for eating non victual things. lol

anyway, i'll post some link after i'm done with the design. though i can't exactly tell when since i'll be on the graveyard shift in the next couple of days..

anyway.. thanks for this wonderful piece of work.