how do I Temporary close registration?

Connor1994

Hi,

I recently posted regarding a type of hacking. I was in fact wrong it was more like spamming but im sure you's can understand how stressful it was writing the post and cancelling dozens of spoiled registrations.

I then decided to temporary close my website - Its been a few days now and we are still receiving information from the spammers such as chat logs which would suggest that they haven't stopped - or don't plan to any time soon

I was wondering if there was a way just to close registration temporary - not just hiding the registration page as I am sure they will be able to mess about with the URL's, but actually to get rid of it for a while so the current users can still fly and so on.

I was thinking, would it be worth while to remove the fields from the registration_mainform.tpl (backing them up of course), then entering a message regarding the issue?

I don't want to do this at the moment until I get a response as I will end up ruining it

I have banned some of their IP's there is just one or two I need to catch - but I have also heard that they have accessed the site via Dave Proxy and they continue spamming from their - I'll tell you - there are a bunch of sad people out their with the time available to spam as much as they did when we had re-captcha enabled

Two things now :L

Anyone think there is a way to limit the amount of registration submissions - like a time-out or something? up for ideas as i cant keep my registration down forever :(

Hope something similar is possible,

Also, like on the phpvms main site (http://www.phpvms.net)

Is there a certain code to get a box round my chosen text like this in this colour

img.PNG