[solved] Quick Question

X-USAIR_JB

Just a quick question guys regarding the flight times in the route set up. A little background. helping start new VA exclusive to Xplane. I've started uploading routes via the template csv file which is very nice. I have a quiestion regarding how you set up the flight times.

Example. flight number xxxx takes off in the eastern time zone and lands in the pacific time zone. Do my dep times and arr times have to reflect the zone change in zulu. Or is there a way i can just stick with Zulu in my flight time and is the correct tab 00:00Z in my template. My mind is not wrapping around this.

Second question. Does Xplane's IN SIM time have to reflect the Z time on the boarding pass of the flight detail and will the pirep still be sent just as unverified?

Justin

• Administrators

It doesn't matter, as long as you remain consistent and explain to your pilots what the policy is. You can enter everything in Zulu time, or specify that all times are in the local time zone.

As for the second question, the boarding pass time is what you enter in. I'm not sure what you mean by unverified

As for the second question, the boarding pass time is what you enter in. I'm not sure what you mean by unverified

I'm not sure either Nabeel. I re-read that post and was just as lost as you were. Let me try again. (example)

Pilot takes off from here to there. Flight last 1:30 hours. Flight starts at 17:00Z departure time. Question is this: Does X-plane's sim time have to correlate with the dep time in the schedule or can this pilot have the sim time in the sim set at anything. Basically is the departure time relavant to the filing of the pirep or is it more a guide to go off of if you want too for extra realism.

Hopefully thats a little better explained.

Thanks,

Justin

• Administrators

I'm not sure either Nabeel. I re-read that post and was just as lost as you were. Let me try again. (example)

Pilot takes off from here to there. Flight last 1:30 hours. Flight starts at 17:00Z departure time. Question is this: Does X-plane's sim time have to correlate with the dep time in the schedule or can this pilot have the sim time in the sim set at anything. Basically is the departure time relavant to the filing of the pirep or is it more a guide to go off of if you want too for extra realism.

Hopefully thats a little better explained.

Thanks,

Justin

That's VA policy, it doesn't matter to the system. If your VA policy is that it should match, then pilots should match it. But the system doesn't care, right, it's just a guide for realism