[solved] Skin installing issue

Guest Eisfaust

Guest Eisfaust

Hi there,

few things first:

thank you VERY VERY VERY much for providing such a great thing like phpVMS to the community! Thats just awesome!

second, I believe, I am a stupid idiot.

(I gonna provide as much information as I think would be helpful. If I just missed something again, please tell me)

I installed phpVMS and yep, all is working absolutely perfect.

Then, I tried to install the ObessBlue theme (or, skin, I believe). Unzipped and uploaded all Files.

I set up a new folder called "ObessBlue" in the lib/skins/ path. (I also watched case sesitivity at all) into this I copied StyleSheet.css and copied layout.tpl, wich I had to copy from the crystal skin, as I did not find one in the ObessBlue zipfile. I had to slightly modify it with the path

<?php echo SITE_URL?>/lib/skins/ObessBlue/styles.css" />

Then, I copied the other files to

core/lib/skins/ObessBlue

as the skinning documentation says. There was btw no "skins" folder before anyway.

Ok, by now, in my admin panel, I can select "ObessBlue" but then, the home page looks really crapped. So I believe, I am an idiot and are just to stupid to figure out what to copy where.

I know it's not your fault, nor phpVMS', but it's my fault and I cant get a step farer, so your help is far more than just appreciated...

Thanks again

Dirk

• Administrators

All your skins should be in webroot/lib/skins

Looks like you have created a skins folder in the core folder.

You should be able to see a crystal folder in the webroot/lib/skins folder. You will want your custom skin folder in the skins folder just like the crystal skin.

Guest Eisfaust

All your skins should be in webroot/lib/skins

You should be able to see a crystal folder in the webroot/lib/skins folder. You will want your custom skin folder in the skins folder just like the crystal skin.

Ok, thanks. I deleted the other one pointing at "core/lib/skins/ObessBlue" and have no just the setting you mentioned above. Still no success. the page is displayed, but still looks crappy.

You might want to have a look here: http://klmvirtual.com

For me it looks a bit like it won't read the CSS stuff.

thanks

Guest Eisfaust

HI there is no css styles being used, go to the admin and change the default back to crystal

I sure can do that, but then, everything will be fine. But only with crystal, not with the other one.

Guest Eisfaust

Check all the files have been successfully uploaded, http://klmvirtual.com/lib/skins/ObessBlue/styles.css doesn't seem to exist.

Done.

I found that one error (which I also made here) The theme is called "ObsessBlue" not obess like I wrote and also the sourcecode says "<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" href="http://klmvirtual.com/lib/skins/ObessBlue/styles.css" />" Therefor point to a non existing folder. Now, I guess I need to change the line, I try to figure out in wich file it resides.

Guest Eisfaust

Gentlemen, time to freak out...

thanks so much for all your help, I just deleted all my mess again and unzipped the original zip file agin, been uploading it to lib/skins/obsessblue and it all looks fine.

Time to blush now...

again, great support for some great stuff, thank you all

have a beer on me

Dirk

• 2 years later...