Some "bugs"

JHAir

Hello to everyone!

One of our airline pilots wanted to change he´s password and after change, phpVMS system told him to wait for admin approval - so he didnt access the webpage anymore, neither with old or new password.

So I went to the admin page and found out new "pending pilot". What I did? I went to the active pilots page, changed he´s password manually and then rejected this so called "pending pilot" (I thought that it is some kind a bug). It also deleted the active user and also all pireps and other data.

So...

1.Why users need an administrator approval to change their passwords?

2.Why it is shown as a pending pilot?

3.And if I want to delete a pilot or he wants to be deleted from pilots list - why is all data lost?

It isnt normal that if pilot leaves an airline - all flights he or she has flown in the past will be earsed - it had a great impact on our company economy + all aircraft statistics went "completely wrong".

Thanks for any kind of help and assistance.

Heigo

• Administrators

They don't need admin approval, they can change their email/password in their profile from the Pilot Center.

I fixed the 'move to pending' bug for the next update.

Any pending pilot's that are declined are deleted. This is as designed, for people who register but are denied, that's as designed.

And if you delete a pilot, you're doing that - deleting them. So all their data goes as well. At first they were not deleted, but many wanted the ability to delete a pilot. Once you delete, all their data will go with them, but I'm changing this behavior by adding a "retired" flag, to keep them in an inactive state. But deleting yes, often cases you want to delete the pilot. Also if a pilot is deleted, but their data kept, that data is in an orphaned state, and won't be picked up.

In terms of financials, it won't erase any financials for previous months, unless in the next update, a pilot is retired.

• 3 weeks later...

One more thing.

I have no idea what is the problem but I find it impossible to delete "pages" and "expenses" and so on.

And If im changing some expenses, for example if I sell an aircraft, so I dont need to pay a lease anymore. Editing this expense, for example to a zero, has an effect on last months economy also (If it is monthly paid).

And it would be very nice if pilots could enter the number of passengers into the pireps by themselvs :)