Need help with PHPVMS

skybusva

Hi all,

I am very new with php and how it works, i have downloaded everything required but it all seems like giberish to me, I have a site that is already built, through yahoo small buisness, www.skybusva.com, i just cant seem to figure it, Can someone help me covert my site to PHPVMS.

Thanks

You really don't need to know much PHP to get phpVMS running. You do need to know a thing or two about web hosting and computers, however.

1) Find a PHP and MySQL hoster. I suggest 000webhost as it makes it easy to maintain and you don't have to pay unless you expand A LOT. Just remember to disable the tracking code at http://members.000webhost.com/analytics.php in order to keep everything in worker order before you start.

2) Use the Site Restore feature to upload the phpVMS package to your 000webhost account. It doesn't count against their pesky FTP quota.

3) Use the online FTP client to chmod the correct folders and files. If the website complains about "Access Denied," make those files writable as well. Removing the set_time_limit on the admin page will also help 000webhost users.

4) Run the installation wizard per instructions. You're good to go!

No problem; I love doing this kind of stuff!

You should be able to bring your domain over, but you'll need to have that domain point to the two 000webhost nameservers:

ns01.000webhost.com  --AND--

ns02.000webhost.com

You might have to call customer service to switch them for you.

As for 000webhost, it should come with both. You should get a webserver with PHP and the ability to have 2 MySQL databases when you create your site. You'll need to create a database and user for phpVMS, and make sure they are associated with full priveleges. I'[m not sure where you came up with the two options, but the registration form at http://www.000webhost.com/order.php doesn't seem to have that. Both servers should be available to you right away via your cPanel. You shouldn't need to configure PHP at all.

• Administrators

Since you're using Yahoo Small Business which I'm guessing you have to pay for, I'd recommend going with a paid host, maybe site5 or dreamhost, the free hosts have trouble with uptime and features that phpVMS needs.