Pireps from XACARS reporting 1 load at 0.99 regardless of cargo amount

Larry Wimble

phpVMS Gurus.....

We recently installed phpVMS at our upstart VA, CargoBeast Airways. We are quite happy with it, save for one issue.

Currently, I'm the only X-Plane flyer, thus I'm the only person this is happening to. When I submit a PIREP, it always shows up as "Gross Revenue $0.99 (1 load / $ 0.99 per unit)" no matter how much cargo was listed when the PIREP was submitted.

Relevant Configuration:

1. The route is listed as a "Cargo Flight".

2. I am using XACARS version 2.0.0

I went into the PIREP table with phpMyAdmin and noticed that my "load" field had a value of '1' for my last flight, where the "load" field of my MS Flightsim brethren always had a much higher value. I suspect that phpVMS is using the "Passengers" field from XACARS instead of the "Cargo (lbs)" field when a cargo flight pirep is submitted.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Larry Wimble

Hi Larry,

Welcome to this forum,

I have no experience with Xacars but if you have Xuipc (that is the name I think)you can use

Kacars what is very good program to log.

We just have bought our customized version and we had a few extra whishes and Jeff made it

perfect for us.

But if you want to stay at Xacars, there is maybe here somebody around who has more experience

with thats program.

Good luck,

regards,

Cor

• Administrators

phpVMS Gurus.....

We recently installed phpVMS at our upstart VA, CargoBeast Airways. We are quite happy with it, save for one issue.

Currently, I'm the only X-Plane flyer, thus I'm the only person this is happening to. When I submit a PIREP, it always shows up as "Gross Revenue $0.99 (1 load / $ 0.99 per unit)" no matter how much cargo was listed when the PIREP was submitted.

Relevant Configuration:

1. The route is listed as a "Cargo Flight".

2. I am using XACARS version 2.0.0

I went into the PIREP table with phpMyAdmin and noticed that my "load" field had a value of '1' for my last flight, where the "load" field of my MS Flightsim brethren always had a much higher value. I suspect that phpVMS is using the "Passengers" field from XACARS instead of the "Cargo (lbs)" field when a cargo flight pirep is submitted.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Larry Wimble

Can you enable debug logs in my signature, and then take a look in the xacars.txt in core/error/logs after you submit a pirep through xacars? Hopefully that will give a bit of a clue

Can you enable debug logs in my signature, and then take a look in the xacars.txt in core/error/logs after you submit a pirep through xacars? Hopefully that will give a bit of a clue

I've enabled the debug logs per the link in your signature, but it'll be tomorrow before I do another cargo flight. I'll let you know. Thanks for your reply.

Larry

Hi Larry,

Welcome to this forum,

I have no experience with Xacars but if you have Xuipc (that is the name I think)you can use

Kacars what is very good program to log.

Cor,

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm intrigued by your suggestion as I fly for two different VAs and switching back and forth between config files in XAcars is for the birds (not the metal ones). I'll definitely take a look into that, but I'd like to solve the first technical problem as there will likely be other XPlane flyers coming to CargoBeast.

Cheers!

Larry

Gents....

Just to follow up... I didn't need the debug logs. One of our webmasters dug into the PHP code and found that if you supply any number other than zero in the "passengers" field, phpVMS will treat it as a passenger flight and won't even consider the amount of cargo listed. Since then, I simply make sure to enter "0" in the passengers field and it works just fine.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Larry