MySQL database for installer

Hi all,

I have uploaded the phpVMS files to my site, and set the permissions (IE passed stage one of the installer). However, I am a little confused by stage two - the database stuff. I want to know:

1. How do I create a MySQL database for phpVMS, that will allow me to pass stage two of the installer? What do I need to enter into each of the installer fields?

2. Is ALL the necessary stuff free?

Thanks very much.

• Administrators

Hey there,

1 - Create a database, then in step 1, you enter the information for the database (the name, username, password), then that will install all the tables and the initial data that's needed. How - you'll have to check with your host on how to do that

2 - Yup, Apache, PHP, MySQL are all free

OK, I created one with my web host (sqweebs.com) and I created a database, and a user, and set permissions. I get this though:

sc1.jpg

BTW, my MySQL page looks like this:

sc2.jpg

Why won;t it let me continue?

Thanks.

• Administrators

If your useing a hosting service the the server IS NOTlocalhost it is what ever you hosting has there mysql server on.

I would contact them if you dont know how!

Usually on most servers, it is localhost, since the database server resides on the same server as the hosting itself, so it connects to itself to reach the database. So use localhost, unless your host directs you to use a different address for database.

For that error, try reuploading the files. Seems as though maybe it didn't upload properly, or may have partially corrupted a file

Hi, I'm still having problems with this. I have re downloaded, and re-uploaded all of the files, and I still can't get it to work. Here is what I do - is it right:

1. Download PHPvms

2. Download FileZilla

3. Open FileZilla, and select all of the files and folders in the PHPvms folder I downloaded.

4. Drag them across on FileZilla, and upload them. 'Template.csv' fails to upload.

5. Set all of the write permissions as outlined by this and the installer. I have to set write permissions for the 'core' directory to allow it to make core.config.php, and I can't find the file site_config.inc.php, so I leave it out.

6. Create the database, and pass stage 2 of the installer.

7. Reach the errors.

Is the overall download corrupted (it doesn't contain the file 'site_config.inc.php')? What did you do to install it? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

My file manager on the host site (sqweebs.com) looks like this:

111111.jpg

• Administrators

Do you know if MySQL is in safe mode?

That issue was run into before.

Instead of Filezilla, try a different FTP client. I use WinSCP, that works rather well for me

Also, there was an update yesterday, try that full version to see, as those binaries were rebuilt

• Administrators

Free hosts could be the problem. They skimp on everything, and have caused a range of problems.

For cheap, try site5, I think a few members are also offering hosting for free, if you post asking someone in the General forum, I'm sure someone will get back to you