flightboard info field

airmermaid

Hi all,

I am trying to improve my ugly flightboard and I'd like to add a field with arrival info such as "on time", "delay", "early".

As I am using kACARS for flight logging I have looked into the config file and found out a certain "FLIGHTTIME" entry which I think is my real flight time logged by client.

Now the problem is, how to make a code to control/compare the flight time recorded by kACARS with the one I have set in my schedules so that let's say if the compared time is (+) / (-) 5 minutes it will tell "ON TIME", if more than 5 minutes it will tell "DELAY" or if less than 5 minutes it will tell "EARLY".

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers,

Arslan

PS. For anyone willing to help me... I am just a translator and photographer and my knowledge about this coding stuff is slightly over zero :)

• 2 months later...

Hi

I have somehow managed to do what I wanted. For now I am able to check if the flight is "on time" ( - + 15 minutes), "early" ( < 15 minutes), "delayed" (> 15 minutes) or "not scheduled" (any flights other than P type).

But my version needs an additional column (a flight time column) in schedules database which should be entered as "time" directly into the database.

What I would like to know if it is possible to integrate this column in the admin panel or change the Flight Time entry to be able to enter it as "time" instead of "float".

Cheers,

Arslan