Free hosting for phpVMS

I can't say what kind of reliability you're going to want, as most free hosts are not that reliable, but I haven't had many problems with 000webhost. There are a couple of things that you have to configure that I suggest you do after installation. If you want those instructions, search "000webhost" or "000webhost.com" here and it should pull up my post.

OK thanks.

I was on 000webhost, but it was really slow, unreliable, and I had trouble accessing it via FTP.

Just wondering, what should I look for in a host, to ensure it is compatible with phpvms? Is there something that they will have, that others don't?

OK thanks.

I was on 000webhost, but it was really slow, unreliable, and I had trouble accessing it via FTP.

Just wondering, what should I look for in a host, to ensure it is compatible with phpvms? Is there something that they will have, that others don't?

On the requirements page, it notes you need PHP5+ (5.2 recommended), MySQL 4.1+ with InnoDB, and points out PHP safe mode should be off. FTP is also needed(duh) and the page also suggests GD Image Library and allow_url_fopen set to ON.  At least 500MB should be enough space, and as for bandwidth, don't let 43728907893GB trick you. When there's a lot of bandwidth/space, it usually lacks features.

• 2 weeks later...