SMF SSI

BBuchanan

I know I know, someone's sure to say I'm asking too many questions :-P

Anyhow, is there a way to integrate or add in the SMF forums ssi? I'd rather post news in the forums and have them show up on the website (instead of the built in news). I've tried and I get a ssi error. Go ahead and yell at me for it, but I added the require ssi.php to the htmlhead.tpl and the code for the board on the frontpagemain.tpl .

I'm not going to run it, cause as I said, it throws an error and I'd really like my website up instead of the error.

Thanks ya'll.

I know I know, someone's sure to say I'm asking too many questions :-P

Anyhow, is there a way to integrate or add in the SMF forums ssi? I'd rather post news in the forums and have them show up on the website (instead of the built in news). I've tried and I get a ssi error. Go ahead and yell at me for it, but I added the require ssi.php to the htmlhead.tpl and the code for the board on the frontpagemain.tpl .

I'm not going to run it, cause as I said, it throws an error and I'd really like my website up instead of the error.

Thanks ya'll.

Here is what I used, when I had SMF.

Place this on the frontpage_main.tpl

<hr>
<h2>Latest Forums Posts</h2>
<?php
     require_once('./forums/SSI.php'); 
?>
<?php ssi_recentTopics($num_recent = 8, $exclude_boards = null, $include_boards = null, $output_method = 'echo'); ?>
<?php ssi_recentPoll(); ?>
<br />
<hr />

Here is what I used, when I had SMF.

Place this on the frontpage_main.tpl

<hr>
<h2>Latest Forums Posts</h2>
<?php
     require_once('./forums/SSI.php'); 
?>
<?php ssi_recentTopics($num_recent = 8, $exclude_boards = null, $include_boards = null, $output_method = 'echo'); ?>
<?php ssi_recentPoll(); ?>
<br />
<hr />

Worked for me Thanks very much.

Did not work for me?! Just have "Latest Forums Posts" on my page, but no topics showing. I don't get any error, just no data from the forum?! I did have ti change the code to read:

require_once('./forum/SSI.php');

because my directory for the SMF forum is "forum", not "forums". Not sure if that is a problem or not?!

• 3 weeks later...