Total VA revenue disposal

Vicar

Hi all,

I've been wondering if there is a way to make use of the revenue made by the airline. I've installed the pilot shop and it's working fine with pilots' money, but is it possible to use the total VA revenue in any way? Let's say the VA is buying a new aircraft - a good opportunity to decrease the revenue.

A good solution would be to add one-time, single expense to the expense list, the thing is ... my php knowledge yet too limited, although I'm trying as I might.

Could anyone advise or suggest a code snippet/modification?

• Like 1

HI Vicar. You bring up some very good points. A guy and I at my airline have been talking about how to make use of the financial system just like you are talking about. We have been going over the whole system with a fine tooth comb. I was going to talk to Nabeel via the forums at a later time about it. I know right now he has been pushing updates left and right. I figured I would wait until he has bit more free time to spare.

Some of the things we were talking about you covered. And a few more are the option to create separate expenses for flights rather then across the board. Example: Flight attendants. If the expense is added, it would also be charged for cargo flights as well. So not an option really. Breaking up of funds to go to hubs or divisions. Say for example, you have the USA busted up in to two divisions, North and South with each one having X amount of hubs. A percentage of each flight would go to each hub, a percentage could go to the division, and the rest going to the VA. All that would be after expenses and pilot pay though I guess.

My idea behind that one is each hub could get charged X amount of cash to post a news post to a flyin event, or run a promotion. Each cost associated would come out of each hubs finances. If the hub is short on cash, then they need to keep their hub fresh with new ideas to get pilots to fly more flights in and out of their hubs.

Well, maybe I should have put all this in the Wish List thread instead of support, but it mirrored your original post. ;)

That is just a couple examples I have though. It goes more in depth.

Ray

• Administrators

Hi Ray,

yes, indeed, you are right, but for now a simple solution to spend some of the revenue via a "one-time" expense, so far, could do a lot. Maybe someone could give us a helping hand to script it out.

Rafal

I'm working on updating finances. I'd added a ledger, and the ability to add in 'expenses' as they are charged is coming. In-fact, expenses will be overhauled almost completely

• Like 2