Website Integration

B777

Alright so I've got a template that I've been toying around that I finally like, the issue I'm having now is continuing to build the site. Use phpVMS? or just Integrate it? I'm not a coder but with a little brushing up and google, I can make stuff happen. I just don't want to have to go through pain of figuring out how to transfer a working design into a template for phpvms ( unless its easier than I think it is).

www.virtualea.org So far it's just a Home page , but it gives you the idea of what it would look like.

Any Ideas? A warning as I might be tech savvy, but as I said, not a coder ;)

Thanks,

I started with Joomla and than phpVMS in a different dir and wanted to integrate the two.

In the end I quit Joomla and left phpVMS.

Its an amazing piece of software.

You can try and make a template of the current website or use one of the released templates and edit it to your liking(the best option if u ask me)

Or you can pay someone to make you a custom tempalte.

I started with Joomla and than phpVMS in a different dir and wanted to integrate the two.

In the end I quit Joomla and left phpVMS.

Its an amazing piece of software.

You can try and make a template of the current website or use one of the released templates and edit it to your liking(the best option if u ask me)

Or you can pay someone to make you a custom tempalte.

I got mine made by simpilot group! Dave did a wicked job!

Like I'd like to make it a project and was wondering if it was doable. I'm one of those smart guys who teaches himself to do stuff rather than sit in a classroom, and i get bored fast of learning basic stuff.SO, I guess I'll look at a template file from stock phpvms and a custom one and figure things out. Unless I can just import my current CSS right into a template with dreamweaver?

And would I loose any functions? is it like I were to make it into a template and just remake the html files to include phpvms? cuz that sounds really too easy lol

Well it isn't as easy as using html files, as they have to be tpl files, because there is php code in the templates. Use the default skin and look at that, and customise it the way you want. But create a new skin folder. Then when you are finished upload that skin folder you created with all the template files inside that you edited to the lib>skins folder and then the name should show up in the general settings under switch skin section. You can import an existing CSS file, but you may have to change some of the divb id's and classes to get the styles to show right.