phpVMS Pilot Blacklist

freshJet

As we know, there are several spammers lurking in the community who will do everything to ruin the work put into creating phpVMS sites. I thought it'd be useful to create a blacklist, where we can post the details of the pilots who are spammers or suspected to be. Go ahead - lets hope this cuts down the number of spam attacks. I've got about 300 on my forum... currently looking for the two I recently deleted.

• Like 1

The one issue with this is it has to be heavily moderated. Because with a list like this held in high respects could ruin I virtual pilot if some misunderstanding occurred etc. If managed right it could be an effective tool but as I said "if".

On a side note I am glad I have never ran into one of these trouble makers from the sounds of it they do some damage.

The one issue with this is it has to be heavily moderated. Because with a list like this held in high respects could ruin I virtual pilot if some misunderstanding occurred etc. If managed right it could be an effective tool but as I said "if".

On a side note I am glad I have never ran into one of these trouble makers from the sounds of it they do some damage.

There are quite a few public databases containing IPs of known and verified spammers available on the net. You can use these to do bulk bans on IPs.

Here's one:

http://www.spamhaus.org

and another:

http://spam-ip.com/

I know, but post IPs and email addresses too...

As BMI Baby suggested, who would administer and moderate the list? There would have to be measures in place to ensure the usage of the list wasn't abused, and this could quickly turn into a full time job. There would have to be some structure to rules on any system like this.

As BMI Baby suggested, who would administer and moderate the list? There would have to be measures in place to ensure the usage of the list wasn't abused, and this could quickly turn into a full time job. There would have to be some structure to rules on any system like this.

This is always the toughest thing. It is the same issue behind controller feedback to pilots on the VATSIM network. I am a fan of this however many think moderation is impossible.

• 2 weeks later...